Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do we say "He's young, Give him time"?

For me his best games have been when he's played from deep, But with Barry, McCarthy and Besic playing there he's very rarely going to get a game in that position, Plus the fact he seems reluctant to get stuck in

He's obviously got bags full of talent, Here's hoping he starts living up to it very soon

Well Spurs tried to get rid of Bale before he'd reached any sort of consistencies for £5m and look what they'd have lost out on if they'd been successful. I'd suggest Barkley has shown more at a younger age to show he can go on and be as effective if given time to develop.

Personally I'd like to see us go with 4-3-3 as I think it would better suit the balance of our squad at the moment and offer more players the chance to play in their more natural positions, it worked great last season when we played it.

We would never sell, but we should. His value will barely be £12-15m by year-end, at this rate.

We played a blinder getting shut of Rodwell when we did, no-one has a second thought about that lad anymore.

In hindsight, we kept Rodwell about 18 months too long, could have got £20 million before people started to realise he was all hype. We should heed this with Ross.

Entirely agree with Pabbers. The lad is out of form... simples.

RM has not helped by playing him out of position. But he has great talent and has showed it mostly last season unfortunately.

Its just exasperating to see a player who is not half as good (Naismith) working harder.

Well Spurs tried to get rid of Bale before he'd reached any sort of consistencies for £5m and look what they'd have lost out on if they'd been successful. I'd suggest Barkley has shown more at a younger age to show he can go on and be as effective if given time to develop.

Personally I'd like to see us go with 4-3-3 as I think it would better suit the balance of our squad at the moment and offer more players the chance to play in their more natural positions, it worked great last season when we played it.

You think Barkley will go on to have the talent and skill to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

He does, Shows it in glimpses, Just think the media hype has got into his head

Or maybe the manager has got to him so he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing anymore? He is a very straight forward and naturally gifted footballer. Without wanting to sound like a buffoon, my fear is he is being over coached.

He's stinking the place out on a weekly basis at the moment. Bottling out of tackles, continuously playing the easy ball back to Barry, doing too much when in possession trying to pirouette past six players at once, gifting the ball away. He's more of a hindrance right now, and we cannot afford to be carrying him, simple as that. Agree with the above and get McCarthy in his place when fit.

He's stinking the place out on a weekly basis at the moment. Bottling out of tackles, continuously playing the easy ball back to Barry, doing too much when in possession trying to pirouette past six players at once, gifting the ball away. He's more of a hindrance right now, and we cannot afford to be carrying him, simple as that. Agree with the above and get McCarthy in his place when fit.

Read above

Martinez's fault

Confidence. Thats all. Some players will be affected more than most by their club going through a very bad patch. He is young and has a lot of hype around him. I think this is hindering him more so than anything else. I don´t really see the whole "playing out wide" issue people go on about. One, we don´t play wingers in the traditional sense and they have plenty of licence to come inside....two, he always ends up around the middle anyway! IMO

One thing though is he looks so naive in some aspects. His pressing is pretty bad. He will step up to far and too fast with no thought to how he is going to block or tackle....the amount of times he gets waltzed past would put Ossie to shame!

No idea if he will be world class, and it doesn´t concern me really. He will be at very least a good prem class player, and he is a blue and will stay. Thats alright for me, anything else a bonus.

I think his problem is.... he's as thick as pigsh*t

All this hooey about 'football intelligence', you actually need a bit of actual intelligence as well - He looks like a gorm on a football pitch, especially when he gives the ball away and let's his man drift past him like a f*cking zephyr

David Beckham?

Wayne Rooney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back