Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world we'd keep him and see how he develops, however it isn't and if we get a decent offer in we'd be daft not to take it. Too much of a risk for us not to take a 25 million plus bid.

He is better than Naismith and should be playing in the position where he caused so much damage last season.

For me, it's a simple case of Martinez trying to be too clever with him in an attempt to make himself look smart and showing Ross needs to develop and play in other areas too.

Can you imagine anybody playing Gascoigne out wide? No, me neither.
I totally agree. But right now Ross needs a bit of time on the bench with Naismith playing instead and then drop Naismith for Barkley.

There is no doubt that he is talented. But its all just bubbling under the surface. We know that if managed right, he could become something special. Being played out wide isn't helping. He also seemed intent and obsessed with taking unnecessary touches. How many times does he get the ball and insist on dragging it back with his studs or rolling it under the sole of his foot. Too often it results in him losing possession. Seems unnatural.

Agree with Groucho, a spell on the bench would be best. He's just really out of sorts, and has been for a while (QPR goal aside). Confidence is low and he is trying almost too hard sometimes. Looked fairly shot last night, gave away the ball cheaply just before being subbed and then not even tracking back - probably knew his number was up.

But I don't understand calls from peeps wanting to cash in. He's one of us. And he's better than any previous 'wonderkids' we let go. Anyone genuinely think that Vaughan, Oster, Jeffers, Baxter, Anichebe or Chadwick were any better?

Its our second chance at a Billy Kenny or Rooney. Lets not throw it away...

He might only become something special is surrounded by other special players. We may only be able to see 50% Barkley at best. He may need to interaction with other top players to really become 100% Barkley (sorry for the lame-o US-style speak there).

Laughable that some think he's worth 40-50m

Look at Pogba, his fee if he leaves is believed to be around 60m, Are we honestly saying Barkley is anywhere near this lads quality?

I honestly don't see the hype around him, If he wasn't Scouse he would have had dogs abuse after some of his performances

He hasn't been played out of position in the last two games.

He needs dropped for a couple of games to get his head right. He looks to be lost and playing with no confidence and at 21 in his 2nd season, one that has been disrupted by injury with a team playing badly maybe it's not that surprising so we shouldn't be too harsh.

Defo mate, this is spot on.

Why do fans have to go too far eaither way with players, especially the homegrown ones.

Look at Pogba, his fee if he leaves is believed to be around 60m, Are we honestly saying Barkley is anywhere near this lads quality?

I honestly don't see the hype around him, If he wasn't Scouse he would have had dogs abuse after some of his performances

What's odd is that it's mostly the posters who don't rate him who seem to think we'd get £40m for him.

What's odd is that it's mostly the posters who don't rate him who seem to think we'd get £40m for him.

How long do we say "He's young, Give him time"?

For me his best games have been when he's played from deep, But with Barry, McCarthy and Besic playing there he's very rarely going to get a game in that position, Plus the fact he seems reluctant to get stuck in

He's obviously got bags full of talent, Here's hoping he starts living up to it very soon

That is exactly what he is getting on here, and I think it is BECAUSE he is scouse.

That is exactly what he is getting on here, and I think it is BECAUSE he is scouse.

I think its started to get that way but he doesn't get the stick the likes of Naismith/Howard/Distin get

He's a passenger in recent games and is offering very little

I think its started to get that way but he doesn't get the stick the likes of Naismith/Howard/Distin get

He's a passenger in recent games and is offering very little

Distin aside, he is getting more than the rest I think, its boarderline same as what Ossy is gettinng.

In the family enc, Ross is getting dogs abuse from those around me.

Some of the stuff in here are terrible.

He is our of form, prob needed a rest in the summer, and is only 21. He needs to be dropped, but thats it....not flogged or hung !!!

Distin aside, he is getting more than the rest I think, its boarderline same as what Ossy is gettinng.

In the family enc, Ross is getting dogs abuse from those around me.

Some of the stuff in here are terrible.

He is our of form, prob needed a rest in the summer, and is only 21. He needs to be dropped, but thats it....not flogged or hung !!!

We know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back