Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do we say "He's young, Give him time"?

For me his best games have been when he's played from deep, But with Barry, McCarthy and Besic playing there he's very rarely going to get a game in that position, Plus the fact he seems reluctant to get stuck in

He's obviously got bags full of talent, Here's hoping he starts living up to it very soon

Just as a sample:

Palace and RS at home last season, QPR at home this season (only games I can think of where he has played further back)

Vs

Arsenal, Swansea away, City at home last season, Villa at home this season....

Both looking at the opposition and the performances i would have to disagree with you here mate

Some of the excuses for the lad

We have

Tiredness
Not playing with good enough players
Managers coached his talent away
Not playing in the correct position
Not enough mental capacity to understand the game
Need a new formation
Out of form

Laughable that some think he's worth 40-50m

Look at Pogba, his fee if he leaves is believed to be around 60m, Are we honestly saying Barkley is anywhere near this lads quality?

I honestly don't see the hype around him, If he wasn't Scouse he would have had dogs abuse after some of his performances
I have never seen mate, and yes he would have.
He has all the tools in his box but no idea how to use them, the game just passes him bye.
if any fool bids over 20 mil for him it and quick.

One deflected goal (whilst centre mid) and one bobbled assist all season and people still want him as one of our key attacking players?

We need attacking players who are likely to do something, and for me that means the four attack minded players that our formation allows need to be Mirallas, Naismith, Kone and Lukaku.

Kone can play out wide no problem if need be.

I know Barkley is this season's scapegoat on here, but Kone to play instead of him? Not good, even by GOT standards.

Sorry this post doesn't conform to the "Besic is God:Barkley is crap" orthodoxy on here, but actually neither is true.

But hey, when did that stop the usual internet warriors from pounding their keyboards.

I know Barkley is this season's scapegoat on here, but Kone to play instead of him? Not good, even by GOT standards.

Sorry this post doesn't conform to the "Besic is God:Barkley is crap" orthodoxy on here, but actually neither is true.

But hey, when did that stop the usual internet warriors from pounding their keyboards.
I'd rather give Kone a chance as the left sided player in a front three. Barkley has had lots of chances and failed to impress.

This makes me an 'internet warrior?'. Grow up.

Surely a player needs to play to improve and get better, just like anybody does with any skill they want to improve. The lad is 21, and good for his age. He will grow into it the more he plays.

Surely a player needs to play to improve and get better, just like anybody does with any skill they want to improve. The lad is 21, and good for his age. He will grow into it the more he plays.

Or he might not. Seems like he's been going backwards this year, no signs of improvement whatsoever.

Or he might not. Seems like he's been going backwards this year, no signs of improvement whatsoever.

He might improve, he might not improve, so drop him? He's clearly talented and has the ability to open things up and change games as far as I'm concerned.

Great in theory, but we are right in the mix of a relegation battle if we lose on Saturday unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back