Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross can beat a player or two with ease which is a huge thing. It creates space for other players and stretches the opposition. It's just that he doesn't seem to know what to do with the space when he makes it. Part of it is I don't think he has a defined role in the team, other players don't know what he's doing and can't really support him in any organised fashion. It also doesn't help that his passing can be so sloppy at times.

Maybe he'll put it all together in a years time or two years but the likes of Oxlade Chamberlain is already ahead of him on the development curve so he's playing catch up.

To be fair, Lukaku's return to both form and the team has coincided with the manager changing tack and playing in a way which seems at long last to be bringing the best out of him.

I maintain the Bobby has yet to find the right role in which to pay Ross.

The lad loves to pick up the ball and surge forward with it from deep positions.

Only once this season have we seen him played in that type of position and he was the star that night against QPR.
It was also against QPR at home. That's right up there with you should have seen what this kid did in the park.

One deflected goal (whilst centre mid) and one bobbled assist all season and people still want him as one of our key attacking players?

We need attacking players who are likely to do something, and for me that means the four attack minded players that our formation allows need to be Mirallas, Naismith, Kone and Lukaku.

Kone can play out wide no problem if need be.
The stats are pretty damning. They weren't great last season either.

I think you are just being ridiculous to join in the general Ross bashing so prevalent in the forum these days :p
I'm not bashing him. I just think he needs dropped for a couple of games to sort his head out. For whatever reason this season isn't going well for him and he probably needs some time to reflect on why. Martinez also needs some time to reflect on why. Forcing a player to play to earn the right to play isn't a bad thing.

I'm not bashing him. I just think he needs dropped for a couple of games to sort his head out. For whatever reason this season isn't going well for him and he probably needs some time to reflect on why. Martinez also needs some time to reflect on why. Forcing a player to play to earn the right to play isn't a bad thing.

Well you might have a point about him "needing dropped" but to dismiss his great performance against QPR in that fashion is at the very least bordering on the "bashing".

To be fair, Lukaku's return to both form and the team has coincided with the manager changing tack and playing in a way which seems at long last to be bringing the best out of him.

I maintain the Bobby has yet to find the right role in which to pay Ross.

The lad loves to pick up the ball and surge forward with it from deep positions.

Only once this season have we seen him played in that type of position and he was the star that night against QPR.

I don't think Barkley has anywhere near the discipline or workrate to play centre midfield at the moment. It's easy to forget just how dreadful QPR are, especially away.

Time to take the money and run ,if some team offer silly money ie 30 mill plus take the hands of them. Has he ever bossed 3or 4 games in a row or just what has he done to get all this hype,lets be blunt about it hes no Rooney. For me a future Everton team built around Mc Carthy and Besic would be the ticket.

Time to take the money and run ,if some team offer silly money ie 30 mill plus take the hands of them. Has he ever bossed 3or 4 games in a row or just what has he done to get all this hype,lets be blunt about it hes no Rooney. For me a future Everton team built around Mc Carthy and Besic would be the ticket.

And when has Besic bossed ANY game for us ??

What a stupid post.

Spot on, get some money for him now. and definatly build for the future with those two.
Cannot see him in the England team, I do not think he really rates Ross, but goes along with the deception that he his a world beater, when that exit happens and as he struggles to get many starts in our team his stock will soon tumble.
Of course in the modern world of Sky football every passing bus is raved about.
If Ross is worth 60 million at 21 then Pele would 500 million at the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back