Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must've been injured for the last 6 games then, because he refuses to run in most games.

For me, it's not about sell him quick, or he's turbogash. It's the fact that too many people label him the next big thing, when he can EASILY become the next Rodwell.

People talk bad about other teams "rising stars" ours is awful. He's lauded as some saviour. He does very little right if people stop being biased.

Put it this way, for all the slagging...Wilshire does more in a game than Barkley.

He needs to remove his head from his a*se and start giving his all. I put in the home fixture against West Ham just last week "Wonder which Everton player Ross swapped shirts with?" Because all he did was pass to West Ham then sulk.

Refuses to run. Does very little right. Head up his a*rse. Pass then sulk.

Slightly over the top, don´t you think?

He is playing badly...RIGHT NOW...in a team in very poor form. He doesn´t need to be compared to other players. We have seen his qualities and what he can do. He is a young Everton player who had the start of season messed up and has come back into a mess and, pretty much as you would expect, is not at his most confident right now.

He doesn´t need the moaning at the game that goes on, by people who think like you.

It doesn´t matter what some people laud him as. He is at the very least a good Everton youngster with a career in our first team ahead of him. Give him support not put the boot in because he is playing poor in only his second season.

Said it before, and I will say it again. Football fans...the majority lack any kind of patience or long term thinking.

To be honest, i don't even take those kind of posts seriously. I think it's just people posting exaggerated rubbish on the internet because they can, they're just throw away comments that mean nothing really and aren't refelctive of the majority of peoples genuine views.

Ross is 21 years old and half way through his second full season in the first team after missing the start of this season and coming into a team doing crap. And not playing in a position he's comfortable.

I'm not worried at all that he's not doing too well this season, i've seen just what he is capable of and know there is a quality player in there. Sure, there are parts of his game he's not too good at yet and needs to improve on them if he's going to live up to the hype. But even if he doesn't, he's still got enough about him to be a good player.

He needs another 2 seasons at least really of playing regular first team football in centre mid before we can really tell how good he is.

Stick him on the bench for a bit, thats perfectly normal thing for young footballers to be in and out of the team.

yep

Barkley is wonderful to watch when he playing well.... Which isn't very often. He sums up everton this season. Capable of so much more than is being shown and looking lazy and slow and disinterested. The last two games the team have shown effort and we look like we will improve. Barkley needs to
Learn that when the tricks don't come off and things are not going right.. He needs to work hard to compensate not just pretending to pressure people ... He needs to actually try and tackle and help out the team. Doing this will keep fans onside as effort is the least that is expected. He looks like a luxury player ATM and one we can't afford

Does anyone think like I do that the fact that he still has so many flaws in his all round game should be seen as a massive criticism of our coaches? He's been coached professionally at Everton for, what, 10 years, yet he still can't read the game, still lacks awareness of what's going on behind his back, is often blinkered when he goes on a run etc etc. What we have is still a rough diamond, but a rare breed of player who can run with style, fluidity and purpose and so take the game from one end of the park to the other. Amongst English footballers at the moment he is indeed "unique" (copyright, courtesy of RM). But why oh why is he not showing many signs of learning?

I was watching him against West Ham on tuesday - and it occurred to me that he takes up defensive positions, not to tackle, but to pick up the ball and change defence into attack as soon as possible. When McCarthy plays, throwing himself around and blocking stuff, Ross can pick up these loose balls, whereas at the moment there is nothing.

With the way he is playing he doesn't suit a number 10 role. if he is to play number 10 he needs to shoot a lot more, and play in a more selfish way.

I would prefer to see him deeper with more options in front of him.

Does anyone think like I do that the fact that he still has so many flaws in his all round game should be seen as a massive criticism of our coaches? He's been coached professionally at Everton for, what, 10 years, yet he still can't read the game, still lacks awareness of what's going on behind his back, is often blinkered when he goes on a run etc etc. What we have is still a rough diamond, but a rare breed of player who can run with style, fluidity and purpose and so take the game from one end of the park to the other. Amongst English footballers at the moment he is indeed "unique" (copyright, courtesy of RM). But why oh why is he not showing many signs of learning?
There's only so much you can coach. It's hard to replicate the speed of the premiership or real match conditions etc.

[QUOTE="bicycleheader, post: 3291391, member: fuses to run. Does very little right. Head up his a*rse. Pass then sulk.

He is playing badly...RIGHT NOW...in a team in very poor form. He doesn´t need to be compared to other players. We have seen his qualities and what he can do. He is a young Everton player who had the start of season messed up and has come back into a mess and, pretty much as you would expect, is not at his most confident right now.

He doesn´t need the moaning at the game that goes on, by people who think like you.

It doesn´t matter what some people laud him as. He is at the very least a good Everton youngster with a career in our first team ahead of him. Give him support not put the boot in because he is playing poor in only his second season.

Said it before, and I will say it again. Football fans...the majority lack any kind of patience or long term thinking.[/QUOTE]
I bet you never said this when fans were being negative towards Naismith or even Mcgeady bur because it Barkley

Language
Refuses to run. Does very little right. Head up his a*rse. Pass then sulk.

Said it before, and I will say it again. Football fans...the majority lack any kind of patience or long term thinking.

Spot on, some of our fans, like the one you quoted are a disgrace.

Players can not ever have bad form, they MUST be sold and are SH!te, sick of that attitude from our fans.

[QUOTE="bicycleheader, post: 3291391, member: fuses to run. Does very little right. Head up his a*rse. Pass then sulk.

I bet you never said this when fans were being negative towards Naismith or even Mcgeady bur because it Barkley[/QUOTE]

Love posts like this. That all you have to say on the issue, a complete guess as to what I might think on two other players and how people go on about them?

I bet you never said this when fans were being negative towards Naismith or even Mcgeady bur because it Barkley[/QUOTE]

The fact that you can not tell the difference between 27 / 28 year old seasoned Internationals and a 21 year old kid, says quite alot.

Most other teams keep their 20 or 21 year olds hidden away in the reserves or send them on loan either to a division below or abroad. So there aren't a lot of players to compare with to see if they have some of the flaws you point out. Ross has also missed out some of his early career because of his injury which has probably affected the development of his game compared to his peers.

Ross is struggling a bit on the pitch at the moment but at least he isn't going crazy off it like a lot of young players do - Ravel Morrison and Berahino being just two recent examples. Sometimes how to behave can be the most important lesson coaches can instil in their young charges to ensure their long term success as a lot of the rest will come with time.

He must've been injured for the last 6 games then, because he refuses to run in most games.

For me, it's not about sell him quick, or he's turbogash. It's the fact that too many people label him the next big thing, when he can EASILY become the next Rodwell.

People talk bad about other teams "rising stars" ours is awful. He's lauded as some saviour. He does very little right if people stop being biased.

Put it this way, for all the slagging...Wilshire does more in a game than Barkley.

He needs to remove his head from his a*se and start giving his all. I put in the home fixture against West Ham just last week "Wonder which Everton player Ross swapped shirts with?" Because all he did was pass to West Ham then sulk.

'koff lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back