Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ross was carrying an injury last night just before he subbed he was struggling to even run - probably been having to play with injury with McCarthy out!
He looked poor last night I have defended him in the past , but some of the gash put on here is ridiculous about him - our best prospect since Rooney so lets sell him????
The same knockers will be in outrage if his performances return and he goes over the park, or to United to play for that lot as that rumour is strong with the dreaded fans from over the park to replace Stevie sick bucket!

Look at you all, turning on Ross now.

Last week he was the greatest young talent in the world, now you stick the knife in when he needs the support the most.

Some of you need to take a hard look in the mirror and think about the definition of the word " Supporter " because a few of you are acting two-faced.

You know who you are!!!

Look at you all, turning on Ross now.

Last week he was the greatest young talent in the world, now you stick the knife in when he needs the support the most.

Some of you need to take a hard look in the mirror and think about the definition of the word " Supporter " because a few of you are acting two-faced.

You know who you are!!!

As with all posts you make im not quite sure if your serious, but personally I agree with every word you just wrote.

Im as fickle as the next fan, but when players have it, like Ross clearly has, he needs support in times like these, hes struggling for confidence and the last thing he needs are the "fans", the "fans" that are meant to adore him, claiming we should "cash in" and hes "rubbish".

Makes me ill.

The lad's confidence is obviously shot and playing in a team where that seemed to be the general mentality for the last weeks obviously hasn't helped him. As I said earlier I put a lot of blame on that on Hodgson's treatment of him in the summer.

Combine that with crowd getting on his back when they need to be supporting him and it's easy to see why he's playing poorly.

I'd probably take him out of the firing line and bench him for a couple of weeks, and use him in games where we're under less pressure or are leading by a couple, so the pressure and expectation isn't all on him. Let him freshen up, sort his head out and play his way back into form.

He'll be an outstanding player for us with time and patience and support.

It's also vital that McCarthy gets back in the team sooner rather than later as he generally makes the most tackles in midfield and does a lot of other players dirty work

As with all posts you make im not quite sure if your serious, but personally I agree with every word you just wrote.

Im as fickle as the next fan, but when players have it, like Ross clearly has, he needs support in times like these, hes struggling for confidence and the last thing he needs are the "fans", the "fans" that are meant to adore him, claiming we should "cash in" and hes "rubbish".

Makes me ill.

To be honest, i don't even take those kind of posts seriously. I think it's just people posting exaggerated rubbish on the internet because they can, they're just throw away comments that mean nothing really and aren't refelctive of the majority of peoples genuine views.

Ross is 21 years old and half way through his second full season in the first team after missing the start of this season and coming into a team doing crap. And not playing in a position he's comfortable.

I'm not worried at all that he's not doing too well this season, i've seen just what he is capable of and know there is a quality player in there. Sure, there are parts of his game he's not too good at yet and needs to improve on them if he's going to live up to the hype. But even if he doesn't, he's still got enough about him to be a good player.

He needs another 2 seasons at least really of playing regular first team football in centre mid before we can really tell how good he is.

Stick him on the bench for a bit, thats perfectly normal thing for young footballers to be in and out of the team.

Yes clearly a lot of it can be taken with a pinch of salt and its honestly not helping putting him on the wing or playing that space hogging ghost as well as him.

I think anyone sensible can see there are numerous reasons for his average form this season, and "he's crap really" isn't one of them.

I think Ross was carrying an injury last night just before he subbed he was struggling to even run - probably been having to play with injury with McCarthy out!
He looked poor last night I have defended him in the past , but some of the gash put on here is ridiculous about him - our best prospect since Rooney so lets sell him????
The same knockers will be in outrage if his performances return and he goes over the park, or to United to play for that lot as that rumour is strong with the dreaded fans from over the park to replace Stevie sick bucket!
He must've been injured for the last 6 games then, because he refuses to run in most games.

For me, it's not about sell him quick, or he's turbogash. It's the fact that too many people label him the next big thing, when he can EASILY become the next Rodwell.

People talk bad about other teams "rising stars" ours is awful. He's lauded as some saviour. He does very little right if people stop being biased.

Put it this way, for all the slagging...Wilshire does more in a game than Barkley.

He needs to remove his head from his a*se and start giving his all. I put in the home fixture against West Ham just last week "Wonder which Everton player Ross swapped shirts with?" Because all he did was pass to West Ham then sulk.

He was tackled in the first half which caused him to limp badly afterwards for a while so you may be right.

Well you might have a point about him "needing dropped" but to dismiss his great performance against QPR in that fashion is at the very least bordering on the "bashing".
I remember watching Utd demolish QPR at Old Trafford and thought wow with their new signings they look really good. They where no better than before QPR in the next game. I'm not dismissing it completely but the quality and work rate of the opposition does play a factor.

Ross will be fine. I don't think he should be sold and I do think he will come good just like Lukaku has. He's young and young players do go through inconsistent periods. However just like Lukaku it might be the right time to take him out. At the very least he should never be played on the wing again.

He must've been injured for the last 6 games then, because he refuses to run in most games.

For me, it's not about sell him quick, or he's turbogash. It's the fact that too many people label him the next big thing, when he can EASILY become the next Rodwell.

People talk bad about other teams "rising stars" ours is awful. He's lauded as some saviour. He does very little right if people stop being biased.

Put it this way, for all the slagging...Wilshire does more in a game than Barkley.

He needs to remove his head from his a*se and start giving his all. I put in the home fixture against West Ham just last week "Wonder which Everton player Ross swapped shirts with?" Because all he did was pass to West Ham then sulk.

A proven premier league player doing more/better than a player in his second season in the Premier League.

Shock horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back