Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refuses to run. Does very little right. Head up his a*rse. Pass then sulk.

Slightly over the top, don´t you think?

He is playing badly...RIGHT NOW...in a team in very poor form. He doesn´t need to be compared to other players. We have seen his qualities and what he can do. He is a young Everton player who had the start of season messed up and has come back into a mess and, pretty much as you would expect, is not at his most confident right now.

He doesn´t need the moaning at the game that goes on, by people who think like you.

It doesn´t matter what some people laud him as. He is at the very least a good Everton youngster with a career in our first team ahead of him. Give him support not put the boot in because he is playing poor in only his second season.

Said it before, and I will say it again. Football fans...the majority lack any kind of patience or long term thinking.

I never look at the forums of other teams but I often wonder are they as damning of their young stars when they are in a bad spell as people on here are of Ross.

I never look at the forums of other teams but I often wonder are they as damning of their young stars when they are in a bad spell as people on here are of Ross.
I can see your point. I respect it and understand it throughly.

But a lad in possession of the talents he has is simply not living up to expectations by playing in the manner he currently is.

He is selfish. Narrow minded. He doesn't look up. He isn't aware of his surroundings. He'd rather stubbornly hang on to a ball and scuttle into a dead end than look up and ping a ball.

He is becoming very self centred and that's not the Everton way.

I still believe he will develop into the best player he can with us. He is one of us.

But the lad needs to sort himself. Recognising that is not being a poor supporter. It's being honest.

But a lad in possession of the talents he has is simply not living up to expectations by playing in the manner he currently is.

He is selfish. Narrow minded. He doesn't look up. He isn't aware of his surroundings. He'd rather stubbornly hang on to a ball and scuttle into a dead end than look up and ping a ball.

I still believe he will develop into the best player he can with us. He is one of us.

But the lad needs to sort himself. Recognising that is not being a poor supporter. It's being honest.

I don't see this in him tbh. I think he is nervous, lacks conviction and his decision-making is all over the place as he is afraid of making mistakes. I don't think it's as simple as labeling his problems as one thing i.e. selfish, lazy, gash, etc.

The best way I can think to put his problem into words, as I see it, is he has all the talent in the world and not a clue what to do with it. He isn't expressing himself well on the pitch. We've seen him do it for the odd 90 minutes here and there so far in his career and it's been ace. Hopefully in time he'll start producing that level of performance more often.

The way i see it is hes not got the speed of thought yet, doesnt see the picture before it happens like some of the top players do, hopefully that will come to him.

The laziness i cant explain, think with that he just needs someone like big dunc stoking him all the time, give him a kick up the ass when he gets sloppy

The way i see it is hes not got the speed of thought yet, doesnt see the picture before it happens like some of the top players do, hopefully that will come to him.

The laziness i cant explain, think with that he just needs someone like big dunc stoking him all the time, give him a kick up the ass when he gets sloppy

Speed of thought could be it, yeah. Could also be that he has trouble making his mind up when presented with a few choices, which is where the fear of making a mistake exacerbates things.

When he makes up his mind and does something it usually ends up being special. Like that time he ran 60 yards before playing a perfect defence-splitting pass for Naismith in the 2-3 to City or the goal at Newcastle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...artinez-jumps-to-defence-of-Ross-Barkley.html
One would imagine that Barkley is granted more patience than most as Everton’s local boy made good, but one of football’s most carefully cultivated myths is that supporters are more tolerant of their own. The reality at all clubs is the academy products tend to be judged to a higher standard than others.

Being the fans’ representative on the pitch, the embodiment of their aspirations, brings additional pressures. For a large proportion of Evertonians Barkley is one of the most naturally gifted players they have seen in a blue shirt, but there is a vocal element who are less understanding when passes go astray and dribbles concede possession.

Awful awful post and support of a young talent. Yet you'd be the first to moan when he's moved onto bigger things with a bigger club.

Haha....I bet your a Naismith fan due to his full on work rate!

He doesn´t need to "live up to expectations". Just do well, and be worthy of his first team place. Everything else is a bonus for a player coming through the youths. The rest is pressure not needed.

Your point, for me at least, is over the top again. He is playing badly yes, but it´s when you decide to take a leap of faith and judge his attitude like you have here that it gets ridiculous.

He is playing badly in this moment. He is in the team to create. To do something different. With instructions to not overstress on his mistakes and keep trying. He is currently not doing any of this very well.

His type of player will look weak and unsure and sometimes yes lazy or lacking fight, when in poor form. And he and the team are in very poor form. It´s easier for a defender to put a few reducers in and show the fans he is trying. Thats not Ross´ role though.

Its taking his poor form and damning his attitude as you have here that for me is unnecessary, rather than just sticking with a young player starting out in his career with us. It doesn´t all have to happen right now, this moment!

Spot on, some of our fans, like the one you quoted are a disgrace.

Players can not ever have bad form, they MUST be sold and are SH!te, sick of that attitude from our fans.
Calling me a disgrace when i said:

"For me, it's not about sell him quick, or he's turbogash. It's the fact that too many people label him the next big thing, when he can EASILY become the next Rodwell."

Weird, i didn't once say he's sh!te or sell him, infact i defended him on both those points.

Fans labelling others a disgrace for having an opinion on a player, absolute kn*bheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back