Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd absolutely give Kone some more game time. Or players who are a more natural fit out wide - Oviedo, Garbutt, Pienaar. McCarthy obviously to come back into midfield.

Oviedo is coming back from injury, fair shout. Garbutt instead of Barkley? hmm. Pienaar and McCarthy both injured.

I know Barkley is this season's scapegoat on here, but Kone to play instead of him? Not good, even by GOT standards.

Sorry this post doesn't conform to the "Besic is God:Barkley is crap" orthodoxy on here, but actually neither is true.

But hey, when did that stop the usual internet warriors from pounding their keyboards.
No..he's not.

I got blasted by fans only last week who'll stick up for the golden boy no matter what. "He's out of position" "others played worse"

Fans defend him too much, he's lazy uninterested and refuses to put a foot or a shift in.

Needs dropping as i said 3 or 4 weeks ago. Nice to finally see some waking up.

Commentators were so funny last night - "and it looks like he's bringing off...ROSS BARKLEY" sounding absolutely shocked as if its barcelona taking off Messi at 1-0 down. media agenda towards england players is comedy

Ross has done nothing in games for a while.

He needs to be dropped to the bench and used as a second half sub in games.

No..he's not.

I got blasted by fans only last week who'll stick up for the golden boy no matter what. "He's out of position" "others played worse"

Fans defend him too much, he's lazy uninterested and refuses to put a foot or a shift in.

Needs dropping as i said 3 or 4 weeks ago. Nice to finally see some waking up.
Agreed , but unfortunately Martinez has a habit of letting players try to play their way back into form.

I'm his biggest fan really and even I have to admit that he needs benching. I have no doubts at all that he'll come good, but he needs to develop a hunger to his game and understand he has a responsibility, and if that's being asked to come off the bench to impact a game, so be it.

The way Lukaku has played after being dropped/rested lends weight to giving Barkley a couple of games put of the firing line.

The way Lukaku has played after being dropped/rested lends weight to giving Barkley a couple of games put of the firing line.

To be fair, Lukaku's return to both form and the team has coincided with the manager changing tack and playing in a way which seems at long last to be bringing the best out of him.

I maintain the Bobby has yet to find the right role in which to pay Ross.

The lad loves to pick up the ball and surge forward with it from deep positions.

Only once this season have we seen him played in that type of position and he was the star that night against QPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back