Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes overrated yet you would accept 30m for him.

Surely if hes overrated you would be happy to accept 10m.

Because that's the amount that people are saying he is probably worth so why would we accept less whether I think he is overrated or not. Plus he is English so they are always worth much more even if they are good or not.

Price tags are incredibly strange in modern football.
Barkley for 30mill?
Arsenal paid only 35mill for Alexis, then United paid 37mill for Shaw?

Surely of the 3, the Alexis deal looks by far the best?

Yeah sorry thought I typed 27mill.
Also agreed he is the least of the 3 I would want.

i've seen very little of him - but if i was united i'd be very concerned about his fitness. everyone talking about delafeou's lack of end product in the transfer thread, has shaw done more than 0 goals a 1 assist in his whole pro career yet?

The mods should close this thread until he starts playing better as its just too knee jerk and depressing.
When on this forum does a 'negative' opinion not get classed as Knee jerk? we have played 30 games in all comps this season well over half have featured Barkley and he has only looked half decent V the worst Away team of the premier league era.

Martinez said Midfielder Barkley's biggest weakness remains his decision making - too often the young Everton star chooses the wrong pass.

But Martinez is impressed by the way the 21-year-old never hides following a mistake and says this shows his strength of character.

"He's a player who will maybe lose the ball three times, and he'll want it again," said the Toffees' boss. "That's a sign of a player who'll find a way.

"He's got a top personality. You get a player who loses the ball a couple of times and they hide. That's when you've got a real issue.

"When you lose the ball three times and then want to hide, that's when you've got a problem. With Ross on the fourth time, he'll go past three players and give you an assist or a goal.

"That's the great thing about Ross, that personality. He doesn't need to be having a great game to give you something, and I will never have a problem with someone like that.

"You can't measure Ross on making one or two bad decisions. You can measure him on what he's doing every day on the pitch. I find it a period of his career that excites me because he never hides from the responsibility.

"He makes mistakes, but he never hides. The problem is when someone makes mistakes and starts hiding and doesn't want to fight for the team."

Martinez claims Barkley, who he has tipped to become England's best player EVER, is finding it harder this season because he is a marked man and says the Goodison club must utilise the space his opponents are creating to shadow him.

"I'm not concerned about him getting that attention," said the Spaniard. "I'm concerned with what we do with the extra space that should be created when he is marked by two men.

"It's a bit of a learning curve for us as a team how to utilise that and for him because I have been playing him in different positions, bombarding him with information to grow quickly, but I'm delighted with his performances."

When on this forum does a 'negative' opinion not get classed as Knee jerk? we have played 30 games in all comps this season well over half have featured Barkley and he has only looked half decent V the worst Away team of the premier league era.
What's knee jerk is the mad swings between awesome and useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back