Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand why people get so excited about a player who can dribble well and shoot with his head down.

The hype Barkley generated wasn't for making clever passes, being able to pick out a man from range, or making intelligent runs. It was for a mazy run against the barcodes and a couple screamers from outside the box. Those sorts of things are exciting, but they're not a good way to judge how valuable a player is to a team (which is part of why I think the praise Mirallas has been getting recently is ridiculous).

Everyone has been saying that "his decision making will improve", but at the moment he looks to be a very limited player when he isn't taking someone on. I think it might be a good thing that he's getting criticized we need to accept that he isn't the second coming, and hopefully this will take some of the pressure off of him.

Arsenal away last season, Liverpool at home... Those were the performances where he impressed most.

He bossed the midfield of both those games and was great from start to finish.

He's just lacking confidence at the moment

If the team was doing well and he was the weak link I'd be concerned. The fact that him along with nearly all other players are a shadow of their former selves leads me to believe the manager is largely to blame for this mess.

A summer WC, and an injury the day before the season started have certainly not helped. But seriously who on earth, after last season would of switched him to the wing!?

Going back central now, with the team as it is hardly makes a difference anymore! His confidence is low and as a 20yr old playing under the wrath of evertonian's at GP he must be nervous of making any mistake.

The season's just a disaster from top to bottom. Once we get dumped out of the Europa (which will happen) it's really just gonna be a relagation fight. And in that cenario as much as I love barkley, I'd probably have him on the bench.

Needs to be played in his correct position more like...

Robles
Coleman Stones Jagilelka Baines
McCarthy Besic
McGeady Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku​

That's our best side in terms of balance and ability, proper wingers and Ross in the no.10. It's not rocket science

Arsenal away last season, Liverpool at home... Those were the performances where he impressed most.

He bossed the midfield of both those games and was great from start to finish.

He's just lacking confidence at the moment

I must of missed his performances in those games. I've NEVER seen him dominate a game.

He's living off a faux reputation.

He needs to start performing as he's doing nothing to justify his position.

Needs to be played in his correct position more like...

Robles
Coleman Stones Jagilelka Baines
McCarthy Besic
McGeady Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku​

That's our best side in terms of balance and ability, proper wingers and Ross in the no.10. It's not rocket science

He's played down the middle for the last two League games now and he's been utterly dreadful. Especially last night. Got play in his 'correct position' and did f all. Besic and Stones beat more players off the dribble than he did. Embarrassing.

He's played down the middle for the last two League games now and he's been utterly dreadful. Especially last night. Got play in his 'correct position' and did f all. Besic and Stones beat more players off the dribble than he did. Embarrassing.

Bottled a number or headers too

The lad needs dropping for his own good. Maybe a few good games in the U21 will give him his confidence on the ball back, because constantly playing him is not working.

But he is not the only one who needs dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back