Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be played in his correct position more like...

Robles
Coleman Stones Jagilelka Baines
McCarthy Besic
McGeady Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku​

That's our best side in terms of balance and ability, proper wingers and Ross in the no.10. It's not rocket science

I thought he was pretty much playing in that position last night? second half especially. He just don't have enough to his game to be effective when faced against a side set up like Brom last night. He was constantly running into players/ down cul de sacs and he was just passing and receiving.
Watching you could have had the Jeff Camerons and Tom Cleverlys of this world being just as effective in a game like that.

Got stick a month ago for saying it...i'm saying it again.

Should be dropped. Sick of people sticking up for him "he's young, he's under pressure, he's one of us"

Rom get's so much stick and he's constantly making runs but doesn't receive the pass, but he's "lazy"

I'm saying it as it is, neg me if you actually are sad enough to think i care about that...Barkley is a JOKE. Loses the ball and walks away, backs out of tackles, gives it away constantly. If it was McGeady or Osman Goodison would be lynching him now. He's a very lucky lad.

Remember at school, there was always the lad who could do great things but didn't know when to release the ball? At 21, Barkley is still that lad.

The run near the end where he twisted and turned on the edge of the box was a classic example. He did brilliantly to work the space but he could have got the shot off three times when having a clear view of the goal in the 5 seconds or so he had the ball and didn't, eventually being crowded out. So frustrating. After 10 years of professional coaching at Everton it seems to me he's never going to get his decision making right.

I didn't think he was that bad last night,apart from besic and stones the rest we average.Barkleys no Messi not even a Deloufeu,a lots expected from him when I think he will only become a good player at best,I don't think he will become one of the worlds best footballers,we had one in Rooney and he showed his best here,he might have scored plenty at United but that move changed the exciting side to his game.The problem is a lot of fans think we have a superstar in Barkley and he's just not one and very unlikely to be one.

Got stick a month ago for saying it...i'm saying it again.

Should be dropped. Sick of people sticking up for him "he's young, he's under pressure, he's one of us"

Rom get's so much stick and he's constantly making runs but doesn't receive the pass, but he's "lazy"

I'm saying it as it is, neg me if you actually are sad enough to think i care about that...Barkley is a JOKE. Loses the ball and walks away, backs out of tackles, gives it away constantly. If it was McGeady or Osman Goodison would be lynching him now. He's a very lucky lad.

Agree, apart from the 'joke' comment.

He isn't a joke but last night there was zero confidence. There were no tricks, no running at players and certainly no desire to play any pass unless it was a safe sideways/backwards pass to Barry or Besic.

Maybe needs a holiday in the Caribbean or something ;)

Timid is the only way to describe his football at the moment. There's a lot of expectation there and when your head goes in football, it's extremely noticeable.

He can't carry the team at his age. It's the huge drop offs in form and quality from the more older members of the squad we should really be looking at. Barks will feed off the energy of other squad members and as that grows he'll eventually get that confidence back.

we are carrying him at the moment hes been awful. Not helped at how many number 10s have been starting at the same time. If we had players available id sit him on the bench for a while.

I thought he was pretty much playing in that position last night? second half especially. He just don't have enough to his game to be effective when faced against a side set up like Brom last night. He was constantly running into players/ down cul de sacs and he was just passing and receiving.
Watching you could have had the Jeff Camerons and Tom Cleverlys of this world being just as effective in a game like that.
He played in the center all game but Naismith comes very centrally when we have the ball on the opposite side to him. It means that often there's very little room for Ross when he gets it and no width until Coleman arrives to pass it into. I'm not making excuses as other teams play that way and their ACM seem to be able to still make things happen.

He was better 2nd half which at least is encouraging. How did our team become so [Poor language removed] so quickly?

Timid is the only way to describe his football at the moment. There's a lot of expectation there and when your head goes in football, it's extremely noticeable.

He can't carry the team at his age. It's the huge drop offs in form and quality from the more older members of the squad we should really be looking at. Barks will feed off the energy of other squad members and as that grows he'll eventually get that confidence back.
We and especially him rode the cusp of a wave all last season starting with his MOM performance at Norwich.

He isnt being developed properly ala lukaku up front.

How can you expect your young attacking talent to thrive in games like last night when the other players arent making the space for him? Telling him to create something out of nothing with 9 men in frnt of him of course he isnt going to win the game single handedly.

What i did see last night was him trying his hardest to try and do something but as the game wore on the enthusiasm waned because he knew he wasn't making an impact.

(Normally the manager sees this and subs him for a player who can offer something else)

(But martinez leaves him out there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back