Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non existant again tonight :-( Martinez if he'd balls should drop him for next match and out of squad and have a little chat to get him back willing to fight for the team :-)

Martinez has mismanaged him horrendously this season.

He played well in his proper position against Villa and then the next few months after Martinez sticks him on the wing. He's been gash on the wing and now his confidence is absolutely shot. It's sad to see because he's a nervous wreck when he's on the ball. He wants rid of it as soon as he gets it. He's a shadow of the player he was last season.

Are people moaning
a. Because he's out of form, not creating, playing safe etc or
b. He doesn't work hard enough

If its a. then booing/groaning at him is going to have a negative affect and he will retreat further into a shell hoping not to make a mistake, its just a vicious cycle. We want him to play well and try things yet make him too scared to do it. It seriously needs to stop!

If its b. then people have a valid reason to moan as he floats around on the periphery of the game, not getting involved in the dirty work and only seems interested when we are attacking. He needs to at least try harder and will get the fans back onside

Needs nurturing. Honestly I wouldn't mind him being loaned to a good European side for a year, with a manager RM can trust to develop him properly. Get him out of the limelight, away from the pressure, let him relax and 'enjoy his football'.

I will never understand why people get so excited about a player who can dribble well and shoot with his head down.

The hype Barkley generated wasn't for making clever passes, being able to pick out a man from range, or making intelligent runs. It was for a mazy run against the barcodes and a couple screamers from outside the box. Those sorts of things are exciting, but they're not a good way to judge how valuable a player is to a team (which is part of why I think the praise Mirallas has been getting recently is ridiculous).

Everyone has been saying that "his decision making will improve", but at the moment he looks to be a very limited player when he isn't taking someone on. I think it might be a good thing that he's getting criticized we need to accept that he isn't the second coming, and hopefully this will take some of the pressure off of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back