Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
they didn't boo and groan everytime. Don't make out he's the victim. It happened once, because he was negative. It happens to others like Osman the first thing they do wrong.

He's a man. If he can't deal with pressure or booing he's in the wrong profession.

Well I was there for the full 90 minutes last night and I definitely heard fans getting at him repeatedly.

As for the highlighted quote, I would suggest that fans who boo/groan as soon as the ball goes to a player are maybe at the wrong ground.

Even I don't think he played well last night, but what we need is a team including Barkley playing well not a team without him.
He is the only player capable of going past a man (Coleman used to do it a long time ago). Last night he never tried to do it once. This is either because Martinez has told him not to or the pressure of the fans being constantly on his back.
Maybe it's both, but the solution is not to get after him as a lot of fans did last night.
When was the last time he played well though is my point! For weeks I just hear people defend a lad who runs into blind alleys, which pisses us off because we KNOW he has talent in there somewhere, and last night (what you've just said) reiterated my point, he tried NOTHING, in a game with probably the least pressure because they were only there to defend.

I'd actually love to see stats of how well we do with Barkley in/out the team compared to McCarthy, who we all know we can't win a game without.

Well I was there for the full 90 minutes last night and I definitely heard fans getting at him repeatedly.

As for the highlighted quote, I would suggest that fans who boo/groan as soon as the ball goes to a player are maybe at the wrong ground.
So some fans doing it means 40,000 were? I was in the park end and the entire park end wasn't booing his every touch.

I meant in general, Ronaldo got booed everytime he came to Goodison, handle it.

Two options, prove them wrong, or sulk. Ronaldo shut people up, Ross sulks.

I don't believe he's overrated. I just can't bring myself to think that anyway, I do think he needs dropping though. Quicker than you can say 'Jack Rodwell in disguise'

When was the last time he played well though is my point! For weeks I just hear people defend a lad who runs into blind alleys, which pisses us off because we KNOW he has talent in there somewhere, and last night (what you've just said) reiterated my point, he tried NOTHING, in a game with probably the least pressure because they were only there to defend.

I'd actually love to see stats of how well we do with Barkley in/out the team compared to McCarthy, who we all know we can't win a game without.
Totally agree that McCarthy seems to be essential to us winning games. However, he and Barkley are different types of players and in my opinion we need both playing well. We have too many players not playing to their potential, but as ever, there is always a "victim".

So some fans doing it means 40,000 were? I was in the park end and the entire park end wasn't booing his every touch.

Any booing should inspire the player to turn those Boos into YES ROSS GET STUCK IN LAD!!!

But Ross barely makes a tackle so it's hard for any of our fans to enjoy that I think

Totally agree that McCarthy seems to be essential to us winning games. However, he and Barkley are different types of players and in my opinion we need both playing well. We have too many players not playing to their potential, but as ever, there is always a "victim".
Absolutely, wasn't meaning to say they are similar types of players - but was wondering about the individual correlation they might have to us winning games.

Ronaldo was booed because he was the best player in the best team in England at the time. That's called getting under the opposition's skin to gain an advantage. The booing of Barkley achieves what?

Ronaldo was booed because he was the best player in the best team in England at the time. That's called getting under the opposition's skin to gain an advantage. The booing of Barkley achieves what?
To let him know not to pass it back to the keeper and try something to win us the game.

No point taking a spot in our first 11 if you're invisible.

edit: and/or put some effort in ffs. barely breaks a sweat does our Ross, see Besic

It highlights that whilst a player of Everton FC we don't like people backing out of tackles at every given opportunity.

To let him know not to pass it back to the keeper and try something to win us the game.

No point taking a spot in our first 11 if you're invisible.

edit: and/or put some effort in ffs. barely breaks a sweat does our Ross, see Besic
At the risk of appearing to agree with you, I am not against Barkley being "rested". I am just annoyed and frustrated with our fans (OK, just some of them) getting at a player as the ball goes to him before he has a chance to do anything with it. That's not the solution to the Barkley enigma.

I don't see how that is relevant, massive difference to opposition fans booing a player and your own fans booing. I am sure any player will be OK getting booed by opposition fans.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the actual booing but watching it I was thinking that every time he touched the ball there defo was a rise in noise.

He played in the center all game but Naismith comes very centrally when we have the ball on the opposite side to him. It means that often there's very little room for Ross when he gets it and no width until Coleman arrives to pass it into. I'm not making excuses as other teams play that way and their ACM seem to be able to still make things happen.

He was better 2nd half which at least is encouraging. How did our team become so [Poor language removed] so quickly?
You are totally deluded, excuses, excuses.
Not his fault, but you and other apologists do him no favours, he has his level somewhere , but not in the top flight.
If someone is daft enough to offer money for him take it.
Do the lad a favour stop blowing up his abilities up, out of all proportions.

At the risk of appearing to agree with you, I am not against Barkley being "rested". I am just annoyed and frustrated with our fans (OK, just some of them) getting at a player as the ball goes to him before he has a chance to do anything with it. That's not the solution to the Barkley enigma.
I also, do not want to come across as i'm bringing the solution.

Realistically I know nothing in comparison to Martinez/the team, and booing isn't a positive thing obviously, and I can also understand that him being booed before touching the ball is unnecessary/hurtful - however, I myself am 21 (in fact, i'm a little older than Ross) and ok, I don't have millions of people watching me week in and week out, but at the end of the day I would and he should be putting his heart on the line every game for us just like everybody else does for us.

Think Straq, no ability whatsoever but the guy had 12 hearts! and the crowd could feel them beating.

Ross needs to step up his effort levels in order to be able to be [Poor language removed] on the pitch but still deserve his place. Otherwise, there's millions of people watching the 'best english player' pass the ball backwards timidly and hide for 90 minutes. It's embarrassing. I find it embarrassing to hear people even say that Barkley is good to me atm, because then they clearly haven't watched him.

I also, do not want to come across as i'm bringing the solution.

Realistically I know nothing in comparison to Martinez/the team, and booing isn't a positive thing obviously, and I can also understand that him being booed before touching the ball is unnecessary/hurtful - however, I myself am 21 (in fact, i'm a little older than Ross) and ok, I don't have millions of people watching me week in and week out, but at the end of the day I would and he should be putting his heart on the line every game for us just like everybody else does for us.

Think Straq, no ability whatsoever but the guy had 12 hearts! and the crowd could feel them beating.

Ross needs to step up his effort levels in order to be able to be [Poor language removed] on the pitch but still deserve his place. Otherwise, there's millions of people watching the 'best english player' pass the ball backwards timidly and hide for 90 minutes. It's embarrassing. I find it embarrassing to hear people even say that Barkley is good to me atm, because then they clearly haven't watched him.

Still think he was playing to team orders last night. Puts him in a no-win situation really - if he tries to take players on (as he has done in every other game this season) the crowd get on his back; if he just makes simple passes the crowd gets on his back.
Think Martinez will have to bow to the pressure from the crowd, but this is not a solution either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back