Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Derby is to early for him to start and like the poster before him, Gerrard would bully him. Gibson should be back hopefully and maybe use Barkley as a sub if we've ran out of ideas. Wouldnt start Jelevic either.
Coleman......Jags...Distin.......Baines
.....................Gibson......................
Mirallas...........Fellaini.............Pienaar
....................Osman..........................
.....................Victor......................

I'm not happy with the strikeforce compared to the rs tho, we in a urgent need of strikers. Just shows how well we've done to stay in the top six with our strikeforce. Moyes is a magican.

It's easy to see his confidence is growing with every minute he gets on the pitch. He's making fewer mistakes and is looking more dangerous going forward.

Having said that, I don't think he should start in the derby. There would be a lot of pressure and his confidence could take a massive knock if he makes a costly mistake or gets dragged off because the game has passed him by. He should definitely come on with 20 minutes to go though, he's the kind of player you want running at a tiring defense.

Too early for him? He is 20 years old, every person who has ever seen him play sees his talent, Arsene Wenger is the lastest!

He grew up playing footy and only wants to play for Everton. Playing in the derby will be his dream, you see how Gerrard comes alive in the Derby? It's a cliche but its true, the only conversations in the houses of these two will be the derby.

He NEEDS to be given an opportunity to claw an inch in the Derby, introducing him as a sub in the 78th is predictable, dropping Osman and playing Ross isn't.

Too early for him? He is 20 years old, every person who has ever seen him play sees his talent, Arsene Wenger is the lastest!

He grew up playing footy and only wants to play for Everton. Playing in the derby will be his dream, you see how Gerrard comes alive in the Derby? It's a cliche but its true, the only conversations in the houses of these two will be the derby.

He NEEDS to be given an opportunity to claw an inch in the Derby, introducing him as a sub in the 78th is predictable, dropping Osman and playing Ross isn't.

well said Bry

only turned 19 in december

I say pick him. He is still a bit raw but I don't care ATM. I want a high octane take the game to them performance so that means young, energetic and cocky lads like him. Love Leon but have him as plan b to close the match if necessary. He is running on empty. Excellent skills in our goal yesterday but very little zip or strength in tackle in other parts of the game.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we'v all being saying all season he'd be suited to the No.10 role. Moyes seems late picking that up...unless he's playing a joker card!

This is what Moyesy does though, he brings players on in different roles before playing them in there prefered and better position!. It's like he puts them there for there learning curve and to progress them ready to play there rightfull role within the side.

Look at the likes of Ossie, played left and right mid for years up until last season at times and this. Arteta the same, played left and right until he was put in the middle. Jags got played pretty much everywhere before CB, Lescott LB before CB, Heitinga RB and DM before CB, Coleman at RM before moving to RB, even Pienaar started out getting played on the right for us the first season we signed him on loan.

I do think Barkley is getting the same treatment, to get him games in various positions to get used to the ways of playing within a team and to try to bring him on and it's all part of the learning process for him at the mo. In time im sure he will find his place within the side and will be a decent player for us cos he's definitely got the ability IMO!.

He's not going to start lads...

BGozP79CYAIs5WM.jpg:large

Must start for me. Even in his cameo yesterday showed flashes. He is ready to play. Just behind our striker and let's go. Defo ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back