Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOnt the game be to quick for Barkley, the derby will be played at a fast tempo. If Gibson is not back then maybe cos he will offer more then jelavic.

This is probably the only game I'd rather have Ossie on the pitch. He's done this countless times and will be up for it which will be a substitute for the lack of energy he's been showing last few weeks; he knows what to expect and will up his game against them.

You're going to be in for a shock on Sunday.

This is probably the only game I'd rather have Ossie on the pitch. He's done this countless times and will be up for it which will be a substitute for the lack of energy he's been showing last few weeks; he knows what to expect and will up his game against them.
Epitomises the lack of ambition in some people. Barkley showed more in 30 minutes than Osman has all season

He could start
why?
Gibbson tore what ever his on going problem is scoring that deflected goal ( thats why he hasn't been shooting ) started the next game didn't finish

I will be suprised if he plays again this season

And we've done so well in derbies that we should definatelty follow the same model

Jelavic to find his goalscoring boots , Barkley to dazzle , Anichibe to bully , Mirallas to mesmerize....

Is all this too much to hope for and an Everton win.....

Unfortunatly Yes.....or maybe , just maybe.........

That you Moyesie?

I would start with him - because he control's the centre of the pitch while Osman sometimes goes into invisible mode -
if Barkley gets a yellow or does not make the grade I will fall back on Osman -
fortune favours the brave - go for it Everton

Osman has disappeared time and time again in derbies. Good thinking.

I'd like him to play.

I bet he'd absolutely love to score against that lot. Hope Moyes has the balls to throw him out there!

Epitomises the lack of ambition in some people. Barkley showed more in 30 minutes than Osman has all season

Ridiculous statement, he hasn't been great recently but earlier in the season he was superb. He was our best player in the goodison derby, he had the composure we need if we're going to get a result at the weekend. I like Barkley but this isn't the right game to start him in.

I'd like him to start in his role behind the striker, he brings that youthful enthusiasm to attack and has the ability to do so.
Only niggling feeling is that he could also get sent off. Being honest his first touch has been a bit, erm, raw. Especially in the first half of the games he's started and he's not scared of a 50/50 challenge.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back