Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Red Moyes even just tries to lure Barkley to United he will expose himself to untold criticism and suspicion -
can you imagine a player not nearly good enough for Everton in Red Moyes's eyes suddenly becoming good enough for United overnight ? for Red Moyes's sake I hope this interest in Barkley is just a rumour because the way he treated that youngster can no ways suddenly turn into admiration unless he was pulling the wool over Everton's eyes all along

Red moyes?? I'm either taking that the wrong way or ur acting very bitter!?!?

After what Martin Keown said last year or the year before about Barkley being the best player this country will see do we think that is still the case? Was his development halted with injury and lack of playing time or do we think we still can be the greatest player in this country. I hope he is.

After what Martin Keown said last year or the year before about Barkley being the best player this country will see do we think that is still the case? Was his development halted with injury and lack of playing time or do we think we still can be the greatest player in this country. I hope he is.

honest answer is have to wait and see got plenty of talent but early hype seemed overboard, hes no rooney thats for sure

The only reason the lad wont make it is due to himself. No one else. He has bags of talent and could easily go on to become a top top player, if he wants it enough. There are quite a few rumors that go around that he already thinks he´s made it, which is why Moyes didn´t really throw him in as much as he could have. And if thats the case then moyes did the right thing, because Ross has far from made it.

The only reason the lad wont make it is due to himself. No one else. He has bags of talent and could easily go on to become a top top player, if he wants it enough. There are quite a few rumors that go around that he already thinks he´s made it, which is why Moyes didn´t really throw him in as much as he could have. And if thats the case then moyes did the right thing, because Ross has far from made it.

Ross knows how hard he's got to work to get into the first teak and beyond. After watching his interview he knows he has to impress and when he was sitting on the bench last season season he never looked a bit happy.

If he thinks he's made it then he'll never progress but I'm sure that isn't the case, he's been brought through the club by the right people who know how to keep someone level headed

Thought he played really well for the U20s the other day, he made something happen almost every time he was on the ball going forward. He didn't seem to be tracking runners which is a concern but I suppose the argument for that is that he was playing in an attacking-mid role. Anyway there's no question that he should be starting more next season, really hope all this hype is warranted.

Was chatting to a lad who was a performance analyist at everton until a year ago, he said while playing for the youth team against Chelsae Ross came in before the match feeling really confident and said he would play the entire game with just his left foot, he was told to pipe down an get on the with game, but did just what he said, apparently he MOTM by a mile. He said Ross isnt a big head though, just quietly confident. The same lad also said Jack Rodwell was rated by most as the best player in europe of his age at 17, but a combination of injuries and Moyes killed his confidence, with rusty balls out the way, Ross will flourish

The lads a player.

Taking him off after conceding a penalty whilst perservering with Saha & Cahill up front, not to mention Phil Neville in f*cking midfield was a terrible, terrible decision though.

The same lad also said Jack Rodwell was rated by most as the best player in europe of his age at 17, but a combination of injuries and Moyes killed his confidence, with rusty balls out the way, Ross will flourish

I remember a few games at the back end of 08/09 and a few European games in the 09/10 season where Rodwell was pinging the ball about at will, the lad looked the absolute balls.

Injuries haven't helped but the transgression from that to crab was pretty woeful to watch, the nuturing of youth in English football is absolutely appalling, considering the likes of Isco, Gotze and god knows whoever many young Belgians are playing the game at this age we have the likes of him and Henderson ambling through centre midfield, no wonder we don't f*cking win anything.

Was chatting to a lad who was a performance analyist at everton until a year ago, he said while playing for the youth team against Chelsae Ross came in before the match feeling really confident and said he would play the entire game with just his left foot, he was told to pipe down an get on the with game, but did just what he said, apparently he MOTM by a mile. He said Ross isnt a big head though, just quietly confident. The same lad also said Jack Rodwell was rated by most as the best player in europe of his age at 17, but a combination of injuries and Moyes killed his confidence, with rusty balls out the way, Ross will flourish

1. LOL, and 2. How did Moyes kill his confidence? Were all the full 90s from the age of 16 he gave him not enough encouragement?

Never understood how he allowed Coleman to make mistake after mistake at left back but not Barkley in midfield, you only have to see the speed at which Coleman has progressed to realise how good it would have been for Ross. Naismith instead of him away at Chelsea in his the last game in what was effectively an exhibition summed him up.

powerful player ross , can more then hold his own in the senior team

the time to play him is now and i know RM knows a good player when he see's one ... ross will be sharper then most players pre-season so hopefully he can force himself into the starting line up

He has the talent and build for the prem and with a little more experience which will bring maturity to his play he will be a top player. I hope it is with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back