Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Ross has anything at fault with his attitude, just needs proper games now where he can gain confidence.

Personally, and I know others don't agree with me on this, but Ross needs to increase his work rate when his team doesn't have the ball. He's not a liability and I wouldn't expect him to go tear-arsing around chasing loose balls, nor do I expect 'Barcelona-esque' pressing, but he needs to defend more, especially when he's in a 2 man midfield.

From front to back we've a very hard working team, with plenty of aggression, even from our advanced players like Osman and Pienaar, but Ross falls down the bottom somewhere.

Don't think Ross has anything at fault with his attitude, just needs proper games now where he can gain confidence.

Personally, and I know others don't agree with me on this, but Ross needs to increase his work rate when his team doesn't have the ball. He's not a liability and I wouldn't expect him to go tear-arsing around chasing loose balls, nor do I expect 'Barcelona-esque' pressing, but he needs to defend more, especially when he's in a 2 man midfield.

From front to back we've a very hard working team, with plenty of aggression, even from our advanced players like Osman and Pienaar, but Ross falls down the bottom somewhere.

I agree.

The only caveat I'd put on that is you want players like him in a position to recieve the ball and hurt the opposition as soon as we win it back. For me that means him doing a bit of Barcelona style pressing high up the pitch.

I've seen loads of Barkely as a kid and every 1st team appearance he's made. He's an unbelievable talent, he could be like Gazza he is that good however he does seem to very immature in the head even for his age other kids seem far more advanced. As soon as he learns and gets that sorted, which he will, we really have a player on our hands.

I've seen loads of Barkely as a kid and every 1st team appearance he's made. He's an unbelievable talent, he could be like Gazza he is that good however he does seem to very immature in the head even for his age other kids seem far more advanced. As soon as he learns and gets that sorted, which he will, we really have a player on our hands.

None of the players or managers who have worked with him have said anything of the sort. They describe him as a humble lad who is willing to learn.

There's no Raheem Sterling-esque baby story nonsense or Jose Baxter-esque drug issues; everything that has ever came out about him has been positive from top professionals like Tim Cahill etc.

His only fault was having the misfortune to come through the Everton youth system whilst David Moyes was manager. Some will disagree with me, but that's genuinely what I feel. I don't think Moyes knew what to do with a creative, ultra talented attacking player because he massively distrusts youth.

I genuinely think Moyes was tryna do right by Barkley, he saw what happened with Vaughn and I think that scared him tbh, and obviously Barkley has had his injury issues in the past, also it's not as if he's 22 or 23, he's still a kid, he'll still turn out world class no doubt.

None of the players or managers who have worked with him have said anything of the sort. They describe him as a humble lad who is willing to learn.

There's no Raheem Sterling-esque baby story nonsense or Jose Baxter-esque drug issues; everything that has ever came out about him has been positive from top professionals like Tim Cahill etc.

His only fault was having the misfortune to come through the Everton youth system whilst David Moyes was manager. Some will disagree with me, but that's genuinely what I feel. I don't think Moyes knew what to do with a creative, ultra talented attacking player because he massively distrusts youth.

Ross Barkley is one of the reasons that I am delighted that moyes has gone. One of many.

I genuinely think Moyes was tryna do right by Barkley, he saw what happened with Vaughn and I think that scared him tbh, and obviously Barkley has had his injury issues in the past, also it's not as if he's 22 or 23, he's still a kid, he'll still turn out world class no doubt.

You are probably correct here.

Btw, did anyone know this!?

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=9451

Everton wonder-kid Ross Barkley, who has caps for England youth teams, had told the official website of The Toffees that he was eligible to represent Nigeria.

Kickoffnigeria.com has been doing some digging on Barkley's claim, and writes on its website that his eligibility comes through his father, Peter Effanga, who resides in Liverpool and works at Getrag Ford Transmission plant.

It is being reported that Ross Barkley is answering his mother's maiden name because he does not have a cordial relationship with his dad.

Barkley, who is heralded as one of the brightest prospects in British football, is contracted to Everton until 2016.

Yeah Moyes defo doesnt give yooth a chance, thats why we had 2 players who both broke the youngest goalscorer awards, thats why Jack Rodwell played over 100 games before he was 21.

Barkley is an exciting prospect, but hes still 19 and learning the game, I would imagine super Bobby will build a team around him next Season, unless Moyes has already ruined him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back