Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think Moyes was tryna do right by Barkley, he saw what happened with Vaughn and I think that scared him tbh, and obviously Barkley has had his injury issues in the past, also it's not as if he's 22 or 23, he's still a kid, he'll still turn out world class no doubt.

I don't agree with you on this, thought Moyes was only concerned with his reputation in the second half of the season rather than developing our youngsters.

But if he's developed properly he can still turn out a top player, creative and capable of scoring goals. Would you really worry about Gazza's defending? - play him, not neccessarily every game, in the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1 formation and let the opposition worry about him rather than his defending. He needs to save his running for those powerful bursts with the ball on the counter-attack (as shown in the second half of the U20s game).

I don't agree with you on this, thought Moyes was only concerned with his reputation in the second half of the season rather than developing our youngsters.

But if he's developed properly he can still turn out a top player, creative and capable of scoring goals. Would you really worry about Gazza's defending? - play him, not neccessarily every game, in the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1 formation and let the opposition worry about him rather than his defending. He needs to save his running for those powerful bursts with the ball on the counter-attack (as shown in the second half of the U20s game).
That's just bitter. Not true at all.

Not bitter at all, just my opinion. Why else would he play an injured Baines against Cheltenham and not put the youngsters on at 4-1 with 30 mins to go?

Not bitter at all, just my opinion. Why else would he play an injured Baines against Cheltenham and not put the youngsters on at 4-1 with 30 mins to go?

Because he didn't want to risk getting knocked out, and because he didn't want to cup tie them in case they went out on loan.

1. LOL, and 2. How did Moyes kill his confidence? Were all the full 90s from the age of 16 he gave him not enough encouragement?

Thats what he told me mate, the lad is legit, and now working for Liverpool, I've never claimed to be a ITK and this is pretty much the only 'inside' info I'll ever have, he said Moyes just didnt trust him and it showed in Rodwells play, and he became a bit of a crab and stopped using his athletic prowess, it might sound like a contridiction given the amount of games he played, but Moyes certainly stopped using Rodwell to break forward like Capello used him and Mancini when fit last season. A bit off topic but he also said Dunc is still the strongest fella in the gym at the club, as you can imagine I pestered him endlessly for info

One of the reasons man utd wanted moyes was because of how he handles youth etc...

I seriously think some get confused on here that bringing thru youth/giving youngsters a chance etc means getting them into the first 11 as quickly as possible and see what happens. "They gota be better than nev" etc etc.

You look at the injuries Vaughan, big vic and rodwell go though and you have to wonder if playing regulary at an early age contributed towards it. Moyes was always in a tough situation here that our squad is always small, and as fans were crying out for the next Rooney from our youth. In truth no one like Rooney will ever come thru again, not just his ability but he was physically a good 3/4 yrs ahead of his age! Owen and Gerrard have both spoke about there injury/careers and how all the early injury free football for Owen came back and bit him on the ass later (too much to soon) Gerrard on the other hand had injuries early which limited his first team play till his 20's.

The likes of Wallace and Baxter simply were not good enough and have been moved on yet people were calling for them to be played at the time. Same now with vellios and Duffy, although both could end up being good enough for the squad, neither should of been anywhere near our first team the last couple of years, they should of been out on loans but squad depth ment they had to stay in case they were needed in emergency injury crisis.

Ross is gonna be boss!!

I have no doubt whatsoever in his ability. He's obviously a No.10, the like we'v not seen in an Everton shirt since??? The way he can pick up the ball in mid and run at teams on the break is magic to see. He doesn't do it with pure pace, its skill, power and a quick brain.

He still needs to learn and add the final touches to his game but once he does its scary to think how good he could be. Most of us seem to have decided Fellaini should go to provide us extra funds for more players but maybe keeping him and playing him next to Gibson is key, allowing Barkley to share the No.10 role with ossie. We'd still be able to add a CM (Honda pls) and a striker with current funds before any other player trading.

He's on again for England tonight isn't he??

Like may others on here I remain unconvinced about Ross. If he is to make the grade he has to show that bit more, that little bit extra, at times I don't think its in him to do so. My view does have one great advantage if I'm right then I won't be hugely disappointed if I'm wrong then we will have a player.

Some don't actually realise that its not just playing ability clubs look at its desire, bravery, commitment and judgement. The hardest thing in the game is to tell a kid that in your opinion he won't make it and the door is over there, devastating for the individual as their dreams are instantly shattered and tough for any one who cares about the kid and the club but it has to be done.

Young players are like baby turtles hatching and running for the sea, there are hundreds to start with but only a couple actually make it, Ross has still to make it in my opinion

Young players are like baby turtles hatching and running for the sea, there are hundreds to start with but only a couple actually make it, Ross has still to make it in my opinion

You need to lay off the crack.

Young footballers are NOT like baby turtles.....

*as if I thought I would ever have to say that?!*

Ross is gonna be boss!!

I have no doubt whatsoever in his ability. He's obviously a No.10, the like we'v not seen in an Everton shirt since??? The way he can pick up the ball in mid and run at teams on the break is magic to see. He doesn't do it with pure pace, its skill, power and a quick brain.

He still needs to learn and add the final touches to his game but once he does its scary to think how good he could be. Most of us seem to have decided Fellaini should go to provide us extra funds for more players but maybe keeping him and playing him next to Gibson is key, allowing Barkley to share the No.10 role with ossie. We'd still be able to add a CM (Honda pls) and a striker with current funds before any other player trading.

He's on again for England tonight isn't he??

1600hrs - think mate

Like may others on here I remain unconvinced about Ross. If he is to make the grade he has to show that bit more, that little bit extra, at times I don't think its in him to do so. My view does have one great advantage if I'm right then I won't be hugely disappointed if I'm wrong then we will have a player.

Some don't actually realise that its not just playing ability clubs look at its desire, bravery, commitment and judgement. The hardest thing in the game is to tell a kid that in your opinion he won't make it and the door is over there, devastating for the individual as their dreams are instantly shattered and tough for any one who cares about the kid and the club but it has to be done.

I disagree mate. I think Ross has reached a point where he shouldn't be on the bench anymore. He needs to playing every week. The only way we'll find out the answer is if he's given the chance in the 1st team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back