Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the players or managers who have worked with him have said anything of the sort. They describe him as a humble lad who is willing to learn.

There's no Raheem Sterling-esque baby story nonsense or Jose Baxter-esque drug issues; everything that has ever came out about him has been positive from top professionals like Tim Cahill etc.

His only fault was having the misfortune to come through the Everton youth system whilst David Moyes was manager. Some will disagree with me, but that's genuinely what I feel. I don't think Moyes knew what to do with a creative, ultra talented attacking player because he massively distrusts youth.

I don't mean immature in the head as a person, I mean a a footballer. He just constantly seems to make poor decisions, tried to take people on hen not required to etc.

Has anyone else noticed how a few of our younger lads have sleeves:
efc__1326702692_duffy.jpg

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

barkley.jpg

None of the players or managers who have worked with him have said anything of the sort. They describe him as a humble lad who is willing to learn.

There's no Raheem Sterling-esque baby story nonsense or Jose Baxter-esque drug issues; everything that has ever came out about him has been positive from top professionals like Tim Cahill etc.

His only fault was having the misfortune to come through the Everton youth system whilst David Moyes was manager. Some will disagree with me, but that's genuinely what I feel. I don't think Moyes knew what to do with a creative, ultra talented attacking player because he massively distrusts youth.

I agree with you mate

I think a more forward thinking manager would have played him more

Yeah Moyes defo doesnt give yooth a chance, thats why we had 2 players who both broke the youngest goalscorer awards, thats why Jack Rodwell played over 100 games before he was 21.

Barkley is an exciting prospect, but hes still 19 and learning the game, I would imagine super Bobby will build a team around him next Season, unless Moyes has already ruined him.

Moyes would play young players but he'd never do so with any consistentsy, thus stunting their progress

I would be interested to hear what Martinez has to say about him. Hopefully he'll talk him up and give him game time next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back