Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you want him to fail so much?

I don't want him to fail - quite the opposite in fact. I make a point of watching him whenever he is on telly, whoever he is playing for, because I am constantly hoping to see him develop. I just think he isn't showing enough to justify the hype at present.

Oh and by the way, I don't think a young Rooney, Gerrard or Fowler would have missed that chance because they were more confident of their ability.

I don't want him to fail - quite the opposite in fact. I make a point of watching him whenever he is on telly, whoever he is playing for, because I am constantly hoping to see him develop. I just think he isn't showing enough to justify the hype at present.

Oh and by the way, I don't think a young Rooney, Gerrard or Fowler would have missed that chance because they were more confident of their ability.
That's crazy logic btw. Good players can miss chances. He had the confidence to take it on, made a pretty difficult chance look relatively easy and nearly scored.

From Gerrard's wikipedia entry:
He made thirteen appearances in his debut season, filling in for injured captain Jamie Redknapp in centre-midfield. He also occasionally played on the right wing, but he scarcely contributed in the short on-pitch time he received, due to nervousness affecting his play. Gerrard recalled in a November 2008 interview with The Guardian, "I was out of position and out of my depth." The Liverpool hierarchy nonetheless remained convinced that he would improve.

Doesn't sound to me like he was too confident

From Gerrard's wikipedia entry:
He made thirteen appearances in his debut season, filling in for injured captain Jamie Redknapp in centre-midfield. He also occasionally played on the right wing, but he scarcely contributed in the short on-pitch time he received, due to nervousness affecting his play. Gerrard recalled in a November 2008 interview with The Guardian, "I was out of position and out of my depth." The Liverpool hierarchy nonetheless remained convinced that he would improve.

Doesn't sound to me like he was too confident

Good research, and in a way underlines my point about Ross. Maybe he is still finding his feet and will come good, as Gerrard did.

If you have looked in the Gerard Deulofeu thread you will have a better idea of where I am coming from. He is a similar age to Ross and just as highly rated, but from those vids he looks more confident.

Anyway, I have laboured the point now. I wish Ross all the best, I hope he fulfils his potential and becomes an Everton hero.

Just remembered how much I love the word tenty. Haven't used that one in a while.

Oh and spectacular effort bluemangroup.

(I still can't get over just how terrible that username is you utter whiffer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back