Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing I'm most looking forward about next year is more barkley. Don't let me down, bobby.

He's shown that he's capable of playing the kind of defence splitting passes that an in form and on side jelavic would thrive on. I'd be quite surprised if he started for us against Norwich though. Think Osman will be ahead of him in the pecking order still.

Quality player already two footed good control Strong on the ball and can pick a pass imo hes only behind Peinaar mirallas and felliaini for technical ability in our squad

Massive season for Ross. No excuses. Many have said moyes using him so sparingly has hindered his development, and to be fair they may have a point. However what cannot be denied the limited game time Ross did get, he didn't exactly set the world alight. Otherwise I am sure we would have seen him more.

I'd love to see him played behind Kone from the off this season.

I base this on that solitary video and one decent starting appearance late last season, ignoring the slightly dodgy one at Spurs.

Massive season for Ross. No excuses. Many have said moyes using him so sparingly has hindered his development, and to be fair they may have a point. However what cannot be denied the limited game time Ross did get, he didn't exactly set the world alight. Otherwise I am sure we would have seen him more.

No, did not "set the world alight", but I can't help but think back to that Arsenal game. Osman was out injured so Barkley got the start and he was absolutely fantastic. Looked very dangerous and the player most likely to score for us.

What happened next? Osman returned from injury and Barkley returned to the bench. Frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back