Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could see more of Ross this season and could make more regular appearances than he has in previous seasons. If Ross gets a good season under his belt then I think he should be considered for the 2014 World Cup squad. Anybody else agree?

I'm not suggesting he starts but could be used for the remaining 20 minutes here and there. This should be his aim

I think we could see more of Ross this season and could make more regular appearances than he has in previous seasons. If Ross gets a good season under his belt then I think he should be considered for the 2014 World Cup squad. Anybody else agree?

I'm not suggesting he starts but could be used for the remaining 20 minutes here and there. This should be his aim

Stubbs really rates the lad.

Stubbs really rates the lad.

So he should, ever since his start against QPR we all saw that the lad had quality, I'd love to know why Moyes was so averse to playing him whilst letting the axis of awful that was Cahill/Saha & Neville pot around Goodison each week doing [Poor language removed] all.

Think he just needs a good run of games, think the fans are equally to blame sometimes cos the second he misplaced a pass or didnt do something amazing i could hear groans at the game, Moyes was shielding him from that i think.

If the fans dont expect too much from him straight away and the manager gives him some time on the pitch i think weve got a quality player on our hands

Think he just needs a good run of games, think the fans are equally to blame sometimes cos the second he misplaced a pass or didnt do something amazing i could hear groans at the game, Moyes was shielding him from that i think.

If the fans dont expect too much from him straight away and the manager gives him some time on the pitch i think weve got a quality player on our hands

Quite right about the groans

It is frustrating watching other clubs sign these foreigners but watching young players promoted to the first team is much more rewarding I think. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Martinez works with the u21s and such. I know we've been saying this every preseason for the past few years but I really believe this is Barkley's breakout season.

It is frustrating watching other clubs sign these foreigners but watching young players promoted to the first team is much more rewarding I think. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Martinez works with the u21s and such. I know we've been saying this every preseason for the past few years but I really believe this is Barkley's breakout season.
Agree, we need another midfielder and maybe Barkley could be it, if we get another midfielder in then Barkley starts will be limited.

Agree, we need another midfielder and maybe Barkley could be it, if we get another midfielder in then Barkley starts will be limited.

Don't agree, we need another CM imiterial of Ross. We need a CM to rotate/challange with Gibson/Fellaini in the deeper roles. I would imagine Ross will be rotating/challanging with ossie in the ACM role.

....folk know I have my doubts about this boy but I do wonder at the phrase 'deserves a run of games' when youngsters are discussed on this site. I fear that the folk calling for this provision will be complaining after 20mins if a lad isn't showing his worth, or calling for the manager's head if it coincides with a run of defeats.
its a massive step up to Premiership and youngsters will be given a chance if the manager and staff feel they have what it takes.

....folk know I have my doubts about this boy but I do wonder at the phrase 'deserves a run of games' when youngsters are discussed on this site. I fear that the folk calling for this provision will be complaining after 20mins if a lad isn't showing his worth, or calling for the manager's head if it coincides with a run of defeats.
its a massive step up to Premiership and youngsters will be given a chance if the manager and staff feel they have what it takes.

Yeah? Some people on here were calling Coleman crap and saying he'll never make it as an rb at Everton when he was making mistakes and costing us goals at the start of the season.

Others more sensibly saw a decent rb in there who needed a run of games to hopefully improve his confidence and ability in the position therefor grow into a quality rb.

He did. We've now got a top quality right back for £60,000. We didn't for the 3 or so seasons before when he barely played there.

You seem to be under the impression that young inexperienced players can go straight from the youth/reserve team into the first 11 and be instantly good enough and on the same level as experienced regulars. They're not and never have been, they need to be integrated into the first team if they are good enough at youth/reserve level but it takes time, it takes actual proper game time in the prem to make that last difficult step up.

Some fans are gonna moan no matter what, they'll moan at Barkley making mistakes, they'll moan at Osman making mistakes.

Young players might get given a chance if management think they're good enough, or youngsters won't get a chance if management are too cautious to take the risk. Its impossible to say which is true.

Yeah? Some people on here were calling Coleman crap and saying he'll never make it as an rb at Everton when he was making mistakes and costing us goals at the start of the season.

Others more sensibly saw a decent rb in there who needed a run of games to hopefully improve his confidence and ability in the position therefor grow into a quality rb.

He did. We've now got a top quality right back for £60,000. We didn't for the 3 or so seasons before when he barely played there.

You seem to be under the impression that young inexperienced players can go straight from the youth/reserve team into the first 11 and be instantly good enough and on the same level as experienced regulars. They're not and never have been, they need to be integrated into the first team if they are good enough at youth/reserve level but it takes time, it takes actual proper game time in the prem to make that last difficult step up.

Some fans are gonna moan no matter what, they'll moan at Barkley making mistakes, they'll moan at Osman making mistakes.

Young players might get given a chance if management think they're good enough, or youngsters won't get a chance if management are too cautious to take the risk. Its impossible to say which is true.

......the fact that they persevered with Coleman supports my view that the Manager and coaches thought he was up to it. I don't think you grasped the point I'm making - fans on here are calling for certain youngsters to 'get a run of games' and all I'm saying is that this will only happen if the Manager feels he's up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back