Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that he's shooting on sight anywhere near the box. One thing he needs to do a bit more of though is to get his head up and weigh up other possibilities. Sometimes teammates will be in a better goal-scoring position and need a simple pass from him to get one on one with the GK and that'd be the better option than having a pop from 18-25 yards out. That composure will come over time like.

Not disagreeing here, but I'll just say I am thrilled we've got someone who can crack a shot in from range up there with limited defensive responsibilities. It looks like he can really hit them, which automatically gives defences something else to think about that they wouldn't have had to with Fellaini last year. I think if teams don't twig on to him early he may lash a good few in in the next few weeks and months.

I can't be the only one thinking it. He was Gerrard-esque yesterday. You know, the young boss Gerrard who we all despised because we knew at any moment he was likely to rifle one into the top corner to sink us in a derby.

Nice to see the manager trust him to just go out and play his own game instead of giving him 8 minutes of tracking back every other month.

Big season ahead for the lad.

Didn't look up before shooting yesterday, Dave.

Not disagreeing here, but I'll just say I am thrilled we've got someone who can crack a shot in from range up there with limited defensive responsibilities. It looks like he can really hit them, which automatically gives defences something else to think about that they wouldn't have had to with Fellaini last year. I think if teams don't twig on to him early he may lash a good few in in the next few weeks and months.

It's not a criticism as such. I'd rather he was doing it and that he keeps on doing it. I'm saying that, over time, he'll have the experience to compute quickly when sliding the ball through to a well placed team-mate in a dangerous position is the better option to letting fly from distance. In other words, we'll see more variation to his forward play.

It's not a criticism as such. I'd rather he was doing it and that he keeps on doing it. I'm saying that, over time, he'll have the experience to compute quickly when sliding the ball through to a well placed team-mate in a dangerous position is the better option to letting fly from distance. In other words, we'll see more variation to his forward play.

I get what you mean Dave, he's still very young and raw at the moment... His decision making will improve over time and with guidance from the experience around him ..... He has everything he needs to be a complete boss though so I'm just gonna enjoy watching him develop in the next few months.

I can understand Moyes not starting him but he didn't even get 20 minutes at the end of games to test tired defenders and I found that hard to understand but then it pretty simple, he didn't want to take his boys off.

I can understand Moyes not starting him but he didn't even get 20 minutes at the end of games to test tired defenders and I found that hard to understand but then it pretty simple, he didn't want to take his boys off.

Couldn't put him on, he needed to make sure Naismith, Heitinga and Anichebe got a run out.

No reason to change the lineup for West Brom, perhaps Gibson in for Osman if he's 100%. Love to see Barkley thrive with a packed Goodison behind him.

Leon Osman: the guy must feel untouchable. Completely stunk the place out last season but was constantly first name on the team sheet. Looked woeful all pre season then gets picked for first game. Worst player by a mile in first game, gets to carry on in the team? The guy is badly past it, I can't even see him in an Everton shirt nowadays without getting worked up. He'll turn into a joke figure under Martinez if he's picked and rewarded for being rubbish.

I can't be the only one thinking it. He was Gerrard-esque yesterday. You know, the young boss Gerrard who we all despised because we knew at any moment he was likely to rifle one into the top corner to sink us in a derby.

High praise indeed. But I've got to say the first time I saw him play he reminded me of him. Many on here have been pleading for him to get a run of games, to see what he can do, looks like that finally will happen. Lets hope Gerard takes his opportunity when the time arrives. Him and Barkley in the same team would be great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back