Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent performance today after Martinez bigged him up before the game. 96% passing too, that's great.

Did you see the look on his face when he was running over to our fans? He looked like a kid on Christmas morning, loved seeing that.

I get what you mean Dave, he's still very young and raw at the moment... His decision making will improve over time and with guidance from the experience around him ..... He has everything he needs to be a complete boss though so I'm just gonna enjoy watching him develop in the next few months.
He's got all the armoury, mate. Barring injury he's going to the top of English football.

I can understand Moyes not starting him but he didn't even get 20 minutes at the end of games to test tired defenders and I found that hard to understand but then it pretty simple, he didn't want to take his boys off.

when he did it was always wide right where ross was so ineffective, he always naturally drifted in field where moyes cascaded him for not holding his position.

....I posted a little earlier that he proved me wrong yesterday. Not sure what older viewers think, but his striking ability and perhaps his style of play is reminiscent of a young Bobby Charlton. Don't want to over-hype but that is praise indeed.

It´s already obvious Martinez is far better at bringing along young players than the school master in chief who managed us before him.

Although i also have fell in love with Martinez, it's a bit stupid to say he's already better than moyes at bringing youth through. Barkleys started one game so far, he also started at QPR, under Moyes.

If he continues to play him for a run of games, then fair enough you can say it then. But until then he hasn't proven to be better at moyes at bringing through the youth.

You will see I started this thread 18 months ago. . . yesterday was a long time coming.
Remember, too, it was his second goal in a week, one at under 21 level

Although i also have fell in love with Martinez, it's a bit stupid to say he's already better than moyes at bringing youth through. Barkleys started one game so far, he also started at QPR, under Moyes.

If he continues to play him for a run of games, then fair enough you can say it then. But until then he hasn't proven to be better at moyes at bringing through the youth.

I just said he was better on the Barkley front

Played him in preseason, played him yesterday and then came out and put him over on MOTD strongly using a lot of positive language

That's better than Moyes already

I was so impressed with Barkley yesterday. At the risk of sounding like Brendan Rodgers, it was the first time I've seen him 'play like a man' (sorry), but seriously - he was excellent. His surging runs and being the driving force in our midfield was a sight to behold. It was Gerrard-in-his-prime-esque.

If he can do that consistently, we will have a hell of a player on our hands. He could be future captain material. He's the type of player you build a side around.

Just for once I'd love us to keep hold of someone like that, and for that player to love the club so much that he wants to stay and wants to become a club legend.

He's cared enough so far to have a massive Everton-related tattoo placed on his forearm (date he made his EFC debut in Roman numerals), so perhaps Barkley is that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back