Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's far less chance of him going than Rooney.

People always use the 'boyhood blue Rooney' as the example to prove stuff, but there were many factors why Rooney went:

- the team was rubbish, barely avoiding relegation.
- the club was in a bad financial situation, infinitely worse than it is now.
- Rooney had become the nations darling, as a result of a good Euro 2004, and the media desperate to create a new Gazza.
- He had fallen out with Moyes.
- He was the subject of lurid allegations involving local prostitutes, as per the Sunday tabloids.
- Given his impoverished background (which made for a great rags to riches media story), he had his head turned by vast riches, led by a manipulative agent.

There's many reasons Rooney went, and none of them apply to Barkley.

I think there's far less chance of him going than Rooney.

People always use the 'boyhood blue Rooney' as the example to prove stuff, but there were many factors why Rooney went:

- the team was rubbish, barely avoiding relegation.
- the club was in a bad financial situation, infinitely worse than it is now.
- Rooney had become the nations darling, as a result of a good Euro 2004, and the media desperate to create a new Gazza.
- He had fallen out with Moyes.
- He was the subject of lurid allegations involving local prostitutes, as per the Sunday tabloids.
- Given his impoverished background (which made for a great rags to riches media story), he had his head turned by vast riches, led by a manipulative agent.

There's many reasons Rooney went, and none of them apply to Barkley.

Very good points and well set out. I just do not trust that lot up the A580 and our ex, in fact I think I dislike them more than our rivals across the park.

I bow to your more informed knowledge of the stats but why is it that he and the ex had such a breakdown is that in the stats?

No that was due to Stretford leaking the granny shagging story to the press & Ronney assuming it was Moyes as he was the only other person who knew......

Moyes was set up by Man u and Streford big time, just a naïve manager then. Cant see Moyes acting like Fergie to be honest.

You mean Moyes who lied through his teeth from December onwards, insisting he'd consider his future in the summer, when in actual fact he'd already met Ferguson at his house and agreed to become the new Utd manager?

He's well capable of it.

Can see him being out Le Tissier, if that makes sense. Could play for better teams than Saints but chose not too, think Ross will be the exact same.

how was moyes set up mate do tell

Moyes got the blame for the Rooney stories that were leaked to the echo (paying for sex with grannies) This was the cause of their complete breakdown of their replationship, Moyes was accused of going to the Echo (asif), this was Stretford in one of his chess moves to complete the transfer to Man u.

You mean Moyes who lied through his teeth from December onwards, insisting he'd consider his future in the summer, when in actual fact he'd already met Ferguson at his house and agreed to become the new Utd manager?

He's well capable of it.

Moyes is very untrustworthy, he got away with it at Everton but with the worlds media watching him now it will be a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back