Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no actually [Poor language removed] it he's going to leave isn't he?
No point being happy about it then really is there.

It can all change in a split second and he could join Man City tomorrow, none of us can predict what will happen. But it's worth noting that circumstances have changed since Rooney. We've improved a lot as a team and football is changing, players want to play every week. FFP rules are now in place and there's talk of Bale costing £100m. All in all this couldn't be more positive, a young local blue with a dub-ass fade, who gets the fans off their seat.
He's just about the best thing Martinez could of hoped for 'his new everton'

One of these days a player will actually say he wants to stay at Everton and make a stand.

Big Dunc was the last one, he never actually wanted to leave and his departure was the catalyst for Johnson being forced out.

Shearer did it for Newcastle and he was a truly great striker.

The situation is win/win anyway. If he wants to stay with us forever then that's great, and obviously what I'd prefer.

If for whatever reason though he leaves at some point then we'll get an absolute truck load of money for him. If he lives up to be the player that he's got all the tools to be then we could get the kind of money that'd break the British transfer record.

It can all change in a split second and he could join Man City tomorrow, none of us can predict what will happen. But it's worth noting that circumstances have changed since Rooney. We've improved a lot as a team and football is changing, players want to play every week. FFP rules are now in place and there's talk of Bale costing £100m. All in all this couldn't be more positive, a young local blue with a dub-ass fade, who gets the fans off their seat.
He's just about the best thing Martinez could of hoped for 'his new everton'

Indeed they have.

And yeah, Martinez must be ecstatic he's got such a player on his hands.

Shearer did it for Newcastle and he was a truly great striker.

The situation is win/win anyway. If he wants to stay with us forever then that's great, and obviously what I'd prefer.

If for whatever reason though he leaves at some point then we'll get an absolute truck load of money for him. If he lives up to be the player that he's got all the tools to be then we could get the kind of money that'd break the British transfer record.

Did he? Wasn't it more down to Newcastle and United bid for him, and he chose his boyhood club? They paid a lot of money for him too, and it was when the barcodes were up in the top 3 in the premiership

Did he? Wasn't it more down to Newcastle and United bid for him, and he chose his boyhood club? They paid a lot of money for him too, and it was when the barcodes were up in the top 3 in the premiership

All I meant by mentioning Shearer is that he played for his boyhood club whilst he was one of the best strikers in the league, and had the opportunity to play for a bigger club, one of the biggest in the world. I'm not too sure on my history but IIRC Newcastle spent a lot of time around 10th/11th place whilst Shearer was there, although they did win a trophy or two. They had a very good spell between 2001 and 2004 where they finished between 3rd and 5th though.

What I'm basically saying is it isn't totally unusual for a player to stay at the club that they support, even if they are perhaps above the level of ability of most, if not all of their team mates.

All I meant by mentioning Shearer is that he played for his boyhood club whilst he was one of the best strikers in the league, and had the opportunity to play for a bigger club, one of the biggest in the world. I'm not too sure on my history but IIRC Newcastle spent a lot of time around 10th/11th place whilst Shearer was there, although they did win a trophy or two. They had a very good spell between 2001 and 2004 where they finished between 3rd and 5th though.

What I'm basically saying is it isn't totally unusual for a player to stay at the club that they support, even if they are perhaps above the level of ability of most, if not all of their team mates.
I don't think there is anyone alive who can remember Newcastle winning anything

Martinez will need to get a bond with Barkley asap, we don't want any of the ****e we had last time with Rooney and Moyes. Rooney and his family were close to Walter Smith, I remember Man u hiring Walter to help Rooney settle in at Man u. The main question is who is Barkley agent? Hope it not some snake like Stretford.

Martinez will need to get a bond with Barkley asap, we don't want any of the ****e we had last time with Rooney and Moyes. Rooney and his family were close to Walter Smith, I remember Man u hiring Walter to help Rooney settle in at Man u. The main question is who is Barkley agent? Hope it not some snake like Stretford.

The fact he's starting him in games proves there's a bond.

Remember last season, when Barkley was outstanding after starting vs Arsenal?
Dropped for Osman the following week vs Sunderland (where we got beat).
Barkley was an unused sub for the last 3 games of the season, the last 2 were dead rubbers, didn't even matter and he still couldn't get minutes on the pitch. #Moyesiah

One has to wonder after the way he played yesterday why our Ex-manager did not give him more starts but there again he did the same with Rooney mostly using him as a sub when he was already a full international. Gets ticket to Man U and straight into first team, whta does that say for the judgement of our ex.

I don't think there is anyone alive who can remember Newcastle winning anything

Hahaha.

They'll have you believe that they're a MASSIVE, MASSIVE club though.

Can we stop selling him in hypothetical situations please? He is ours for now and I like him. Anybody else like him?

This is what I was getting at, let's just enjoy having him here and forget about the rest until it comes to it.

Spot on.

I don't think Moyes ever really properly bonded with any of his players though, it just wasn't his style. Of course though the Rooney thing was a sh*t storm, something that I could never see happening with Martinez.

Barkley has the perfect manager and club to kick on his career.

One has to wonder after the way he played yesterday why our Ex-manager did not give him more starts but there again he did the same with Rooney mostly using him as a sub when he was already a full international. Gets ticket to Man U and straight into first team, whta does that say for the judgement of our ex.

One has to wonder why people post such ill informed bollocks tbh. Rooney started 31 games in total, the season before he went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back