Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I can't stand the waste of time joke that is the England national team set up, it's great to see another Everton player getting called up.

Moyes recent comments about Everton 'holding back players careers' look increasingly ridiculous with every Everton players' England senior call up. Players can 'realise their dreams' with us.

My senses told me this would happen, I am happy for him but very wary now of other clubs, other players and anyone who can even try and possibly away him. I don't think he will play, he is there for the experience for now and hopefully gain something from training with these lads.

Chico is right, we don't need any extra attention on him, let him
Enjoy his football and progress with Everton

Osman got a game in a qualifying match vs San Marino.

Bet you any money he does not get on the pitch against Moldova or Ukraine

Not a chance he will get on ahead of Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner,Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere

My senses told me this would happen, I am happy for him but very wary now of other clubs, other players and anyone who can even try and possibly away him. I don't think he will play, he is there for the experience for now and hopefully gain something from training with these lads.

Chico is right, we don't need any extra attention on him, let him
Enjoy his football and progress with Everton

I saw it this morning at the bottom of a cup of tea.

As much as I can't stand the waste of time joke that is the England national team set up, it's great to see another Everton player getting called up.

Moyes recent comments about Everton 'holding back players careers' look increasingly ridiculous with every Everton players' England senior call up. Players can 'realise their dreams' with us.

This. Well done Ross lad.

I reckon Jags and Bainesey will keep an eye on him if anyone tries tapping him up

I can never understand the lack of pleasure shown by Evertonians when one of their own players recieves International recognition. This is another credit to the club, along with all those in the last 100+ years who have represented their country, and so their club, with the distinction that this honour brings. Well done to Ross Barkley, the latest in a long line of Internationals produced or nurtured by our great club. I know that this traditional view will not please those of you with an agenda that seeks to do nothing more than denigrate and criticise our club but I'm afraid thats the way I see it. Unfortunately, for many reasons far beyond football, we have become a country of moaners and whingers, were nothing pleases, and this is very obvious when applied to football supporters. Well done to Ross, you are the next in the line of greats, I hope you serve your country with the same distinction as those who have gone before you. Labone,Jagielka, Wilson,and the rest.

Six months ago people on this very forum were saying he hasn't got what it takes, was nowhere near ready for the first team, wouldn't even make an impact off the bench for Everton and would struggle to get in your average Championship side.

Six months later he's in the England squad.

Scenes.

Six months ago people on this very forum were saying he hasn't got what it takes, was nowhere near ready for the first team, wouldn't even make an impact off the bench for Everton and would struggle to get in your average Championship side.

Six months later he's in the England squad.

Scenes.
See mate, without sounding like I'm deliberately getting at you, this is the exact logic that you used to get arsey about when Moyes went to United and people used it as a measure of his ability.

Made up for Ross, gotta hope Jags and Baines keep him locked in his room away from the mancs and the chavs though, we don't want any tapping up!

Moyes, stick that up your pipe and smoke it

And Stuart Pearce, what were you thinking, not taking him in the U21s squad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back