Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't you bold the line after it which said exactly that?

There's no hypocrisy whatsoever, for the reasons I've just stated.
There definitely is a hypocrisy there mate imo. You've gotten annoyed previously at those who've used Moyes' appointment to United as vindication that he was a good manager. Today you've then used Ross' call up as a affirmation for his ability, something that previously annoyed you and you have dismissed previously as a defence of a manager. That is the same and therefore you are being a hypocrite, are you not?

I wouldn't mind him being called up for Scotland, Wales, Ireland or Nigeria mate but you're overlooking the fact that this will probably damage Everton in the long run. Unlike being from some small wool town I support Everton not England mate, so I want what's best for us. By us I mean Everton.

What has a 'small wool town' got to do with it? The small minded attitude is to hide our best players away from the spotlight ...probably the same people who expect us to compete at the highest level but would like us to be called Walton L4 and for no one to know about us. We should be shouting from the rooftops that we have THREE players in the full England squad...and THAT is something that improves our standing in the football scene...which, in case you don't know, extends beyond the end of Walton Road and is in fact GLOBAL
Some people want it all ways......they say'the media ignores us' and at the same time they say 'lets not join in with anything because it will draw attention to us. I'll tell you one thing...football clubs thrive on the global attention that they recieve, and having players on international duty goes a long way to creating this attention.

Incidentally..personally I was a war baby, mother evacuated to Blackpool were I was born, but returned to Seaforth after 4 weeks and lived in Seaforth, Waterloo, Bootle, and Crosby,went to school in Seaforth and Crosby. Still got family in that area. Moved to Wigan in the mid 70s when I got married. 'Small time wool town?' You're havin' a laff........

Last edited:

There definitely is a hypocrisy there mate imo. You've gotten annoyed previously at those who've used Moyes' appointment to United as vindication that he was a good manager. Today you've then used Ross' call up as a affirmation for his ability, something that previously annoyed you and you have dismissed previously as a defence of a manager. That is the same and therefore you are being a hypocrite, are you not?

Hahaha how?! Words in mouth much!?

I'm using the England call up as proof of what can happen when a manager gives Barkley a run of games - his ability is a completely different matter entirely. It's not like his ability turns on and off at the drop of a hat!

I'd be a hypocrite if I had said "Oh look, Barkley is in the England squad, that means he's world class!" - which is the Moyes logic you refer to, but I'm not. I'm saying "Oh look, Barkley is in the England squad, six months ago he wasn't fit to sit on a bench for a Championship side... How odd!?"

Moyes had eleven years to show what he could do at Everton - Barkley had not much more than eleven minutes.

Might want to put your thinking cap on a bit more before you throw the word "hypocrite" about pal.

What has a 'small wool town' got to do with it? The small minded attitude is to hide our best players away from the spotlight ...probably the same people who expect us to compete at the highest level but would like us to be called Walton L4 and for no one to know about us. We should be shouting from the rooftops that we have THREE players in the full England squad...and THAT is something that improves our standing in the football scene...which, in case you don't know, extends beyond the end of Walton Road and is in fact GLOBAL
Some people want it all ways......they say'the media ignores us' and at the same time they say 'lets not join in with anything because it will draw attention to us. I'll tell you one thing...football clubs thrive on the global attention that they recieve, and having players on international duty goes a long way to creating this attention.

Honestly read back what you just wrote there mate and come back to me when you've got the media, his agent and half of the nation trying to unsettle him into a move.

The small wool town comment was based on what I see which people from those places having a strong identity with the English football team, which makes sense as sporting wise it's likely their town isn't going to be particularly proficient at anything to make them proud.

But Everton, a scouse team, are not too into the England thing and just want boss players to play boss footie for Everton. Getting into the England team at an early age seldom helps us with retaining our best players.

It won't increase our global standing by Ross making the England team, foreign lids will see him as an England player rather than an Everton player. Winning trophies consistently will increase our standing though, and we need our best players for that.

See where Im going with this?

Defo, I struggle to see how lids can feel otherwise? Unless they prefer England over Everton like.

Problem is, if he's the potentially world class player most of us hope he will be, then England caps automatically come with that.

Let's put it this way - I'd rather have an ultra-talented young player who plays for England and Everton, than an ultra-average Jordan Horrenderson clone who doesn't.

We all knew he would eventually get called up, I just wish he did a little more to earn it than play well in 2 premier league games.

Well in Ross, but I hope this doesn't go to his head

Hahaha how?! Words in mouth much!?

I'm using the England call up as proof of what can happen when a manager gives Barkley a run of games - his ability is a completely different matter entirely. It's not like his ability turns on and off at the drop of a hat!

I'd be a hypocrite if I had said "Oh look, Barkley is in the England squad, that means he's world class!" - which is the Moyes logic you refer to, but I'm not. I'm saying "Oh look, Barkley is in the England squad, six months ago he wasn't fit to sit on a bench for a Championship side... How odd!?"

Moyes had eleven years to show what he could do at Everton - Barkley had not much more than eleven minutes.

Might want to put your thinking cap on a bit more before you throw the word "hypocrite" about pal.
Dress it up anyway you see fit, at the end of the day you are still saying "Told you so, didn't I?" much like those who used Moyes to United as a defence. You can right different words and they can still mean the same thing you know.
Might want to put your thinking cap on before you post, generally.

Problem is, if he's the potentially world class player most of us hope he will be, then England caps automatically come with that.

Let's put it this way - I'd rather have an ultra-talented young player who plays for England and Everton, than an ultra-average Jordan Horrenderson clone who doesn't.

Id rather have a boss player playing for Everton and whoever they want apart from our players playing for England mate.

Put as many kopites as they want into that England team, it will be a detriment to the Liverpool team long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back