Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
As boss as Barkley is, and as hyper boss I reckon he'll become... it just shows how silly England squad collection can be if he gets picked after 2 good games. However I suppose it may just be because the games are friendlies and he wouldn't have been picked for a competitive game.

That said, good for Ross.

The games aren't friendlies, they're qualifying matches.

Leon was older than 30 so no one is gonna take him off our hands.

Barkley will only get better lid. This isn't good news today.

for ross it is.

i get what you and others are saying about the press ect... pushing him into the arms of utd ect...

but that would happen either in jan or next summer if he carries on the way he has started the season wether he is an england player or not imo

but if he is an england player it will defo increase the asking price if/when the bids come in

but the lad is 19 and just got called up for england in a world cup year. bet he will be dreaming of scoring a winner in rio tonight.

so i wish the lad all the best and hope he grabs it with both hands.

Honestly read back what you just wrote there mate and come back to me when you've got the media, his agent and half of the nation trying to unsettle him into a move.

The small wool town comment was based on what I see which people from those places having a strong identity with the English football team, which makes sense as sporting wise it's likely their town isn't going to be particularly proficient at anything to make them proud.

But Everton, a scouse team, are not too into the England thing and just want boss players to play boss footie for Everton. Getting into the England team at an early age seldom helps us with retaining our best players.

It won't increase our global standing by Ross making the England team, foreign lids will see him as an England player rather than an Everton player. Winning trophies consistently will increase our standing though, and we need our best players for that.

See where Im going with this?

First thing I read is that your limited, parochial mindset cause you to descibe Everton as 'a scouse team'. Try telling that to Howard, Coleman, Distin, Peinnar, Gibson, Miralles and the rest. I've been following Everton since 1947 and have always been proud when one of our team gets International recognition. We should be shouting it from the rooftops that we have supplied three players to the latest England squad...but some Evertonians want it all ways. They complain that 'the media ignores us' but then advocate not getting involved in anything that happens beyond Walton L4. Football is a global game, and having players represent their country does the standing of the club a lot of good around the world, despite what the happy few in Walton Road might think.If a good player comes on the scene, other clubs will be interested...that has always been the case and always will be. Try to become a bit more 'global' in your thinking...hiding away the best things about our great club in a back entry off Walton Road will not help us achieve success. The next best thing to winning trophies is to have players of international renown. The fewer countries around the world who say 'Who' when Everton is mentioned, the better for us. I support Everton, and when theres an International match, I support England. The bigger we think, the more we can achieve.

These are competitve games, like.

Well as competitive as any game can be when it's england and they're not playing vs a best 11 of brazil and spain, anyway.

Sorry, you're quite right. I thought they were friendlies not WC qualifiers. They are indeed competitive matches. Although that further amplifies my point about his selection being a tad silly. Good on him though, like.

for ross it is.

i get what you and others are saying about the press ect... pushing him into the arms of utd ect...

but that would happen either in jan or next summer if he carries on the way he has started the season wether he is an england player or not imo

but if he is and england player it will defo increase the asking price if/when the bids come in

but the lad is 19 and just got called up for england in a world cup year. bet he will be dreaming of scoring a winner in rio tonight.

so i wish the lad all the best and hope he grabs it with both hands.

Him playing for England will only accelerate the process mate, particularly at this early age.

I'd be a hypocrite if I had said "Oh look, Barkley is in the England squad, that means he's world class!" - which is the Moyes logic you refer to, but I'm not. I'm saying "Oh look, Barkley is in the England squad, six months ago he wasn't fit to sit on a bench for a Championship side... How odd!?"

Moyes had eleven years to show what he could do at Everton - Barkley had not much more than eleven minutes.

Might want to put your thinking cap on a bit more before you throw the word "hypocrite" about pal
Just because you haven't used the exact words "Barkleys now in the England squad, this is confirmation I was right" doesn't mean that you haven't implied it. This has previously been echoed by those who believed Moyes moving to United was proof he was a good manager.
Haha - in other words, "I can't prove it at all FFS", because you didn't read it properly and jumped on your high horse.

Look, if you call someone something like a hypocrite, be ready to be told to [Poor language removed] off if you can't back it up in the slightest. I've done it in the past on here and apologised for misreading what somebody has said; I doubt you have the same mindset.
I don't really care what you've done in the past with the greatest respect. If you blindly refuse to accept that you are being a hypocrite and are stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that you posted to that effect, then clearly it's not me with the wrong mindset.

Last edited:
First thing I read is that your limited, parochial mindset cause you to descibe Everton as 'a scouse team'. Try telling that to Howard, Coleman, Distin, Peinnar, Gibson, Miralles and the rest. I've been following Everton since 1947 and have always been proud when one of our team gets International recognition. We should be shouting it from the rooftops that we have supplied three players to the latest England squad...but some Evertonians want it all ways. They complain that 'the media ignores us' but then advocate not getting involved in anything that happens beyond Walton L4. Football is a global game, and having players represent their country does the standing of the club a lot of good around the world, despite what the happy few in Walton Road might think.If a good player comes on the scene, other clubs will be interested...that has always been the case and always will be. Try to become a bit more 'global' in your thinking...hiding away the best things about our great club in a back entry off Walton Road will not help us achieve success. The next best thing to winning trophies is to have players of international renown. The fewer countries around the world who say 'Who' when Everton is mentioned, the better for us. I support Everton, and when theres an International match, I support England. The bigger we think, the more we can achieve.

Lad are you on coke or something? Its like talking to someone who isn't listening then just attempts to talk over you.

You support England more than Everton I reckon, which is sound because you don't have the local connection like some of us.

As boss as Barkley is, and as hyper boss I reckon he'll become... it just shows how silly England squad collection can be if he gets picked after 2 good games. However I suppose it may just be because the games are friendlies and he wouldn't have been picked for a competitive game.

That said, good for Ross.

I reckon he'll get 5 minutes at the end to tie him into the England set-up and keep Nigeria at bay.

Well done Ross, I spoke to Andy Holden at the Fullham U21 game last season and he reckoned that Ross had only 6 months left to prove himself to the then Gaffer. Glad for us that kept faith and believed in him - really difficult to understand how anyone with two eyes and a brain couldn't see the raw ability but i suppose that football is a tough game judged on results.

Sorry I read that as " In my day "

To the outside world it's going to look like either:

*Martinez has found a diamond in the reserves that Moyes didn't recognise.
*Martinez has brought Barkley on leaps and bounds.
*Moyes was holding Ross back or
*Moyes was too scared to play him

Possibly it could be that the timing was just right, but you'd think that he must have been ready before now if Hodgson thinks he's England quality.

Whichever way you slice it Roberto will get most of the credit and that's got to hurt Davey ha ha.

I reckon he'll get 5 minutes at the end to tie him into the England set-up and keep Nigeria at bay.

Well done Ross, I spoke to Andy Holden at the Fullham U21 game last season and he reckoned that Ross had only 6 months left to prove himself to the then Gaffer. Glad for us that kept faith and believed in him - really difficult to understand how anyone with two eyes and a brain couldn't see the raw ability but i suppose that football is a tough game judged on results.

:lol: Can someone illuminate me as to how all this Nigeria bollox came about? But yeeah Big Vic will be having a cheeky word in his ear to bring him to the green side I'm sure.

We need to get Barkley on a long term contract asap, If he had a great season and end up a star in the World Cup, he will be gone. Moyes will be in for him.:( There is no need to pick him for these games. Roy should have left him for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back