Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dress it up anyway you see fit, at the end of the day you are still saying "Told you so, didn't I?" much like those who used Moyes to United as a defence. You can right different words and they can still mean the same thing you know.
Might want to put your thinking cap on before you post, generally.

Tell you what mate - if you can find where I said "the England call up means Barkley is top class", like the "David Moyes getting the United job means he's top class" nonsense, then get back to me. Otherwise, keep your cutesy little quips to yourself until you can substantiate them eh?

Id rather have a boss player playing for Everton and whoever they want apart from our players playing for England mate.

Put as many kopites as they want into that England team, it will be a detriment to the Liverpool team long term.

Can't have the cake and eat it too sadly. I'd prefer Ross to be Brazilian and have around a dozen Pele-esque players in front of him so he doesn't get a look in, but England are so terrible that it is no surprise to me to see Barkley getting a look in early.

If we had a raft of young players on the verge of regular call-ups to the England squad then I wouldn't be complaining as it'd be a very good sign.

Tell you what mate - if you can find where I said "the England call up means Barkley is top class", like the "David Moyes getting the United job means he's top class" nonsense, then get back to me. Otherwise, keep your cutesy little quips to yourself until you can substantiate them eh?
You've done it by inference but it amounts to the same thing. I'm also free to respond to you if and when I want. Plenty of quips left...

Can't have the cake and eat it too sadly. I'd prefer Ross to be Brazilian and have around a dozen Pele-esque players in front of him so he doesn't get a look in, but England are so terrible that it is no surprise to me to see Barkley getting a look in early.

If we had a raft of young players on the verge of regular call-ups to the England squad then I wouldn't be complaining as it'd be a very good sign.

Aye we can mate, we can have a local born player who does boss things for Everton and wishes to remain at Everton through not getting the England exposure. Especially he's not played more than two really good games for the club at senior level. All this will do is crank the hype meter up more than we can truly benefit from it.

Watch the rumours start in the media before too long and the bellfest following England urging him to be sold on.

Made up for him but he only started twice for us, who had he replaced? he will now be tapped up by all the big egos such as Rooney and co.

You've done it by inference but it amounts to the same thing. I'm also free to respond to you if and when I want. Plenty of quips left...

Haha - in other words, "I can't prove it at all FFS", because you didn't read it properly and jumped on your high horse.

Look, if you call someone something like a hypocrite, be ready to be told to [Poor language removed] off if you can't back it up in the slightest. I've done it in the past on here and apologised for misreading what somebody has said; I doubt you have the same mindset.

As boss as Barkley is, and as hyper boss I reckon he'll become... it just shows how silly England squad collection can be if he gets picked after 2 good games. However I suppose it may just be because the games are friendlies and he wouldn't have been picked for a competitive game.

That said, good for Ross.

Should just point out that Leon Osman got called up last year too.

For all the stick he gets at the mo, that was a call up on merit as he was on fire at the time.

His form nosedived spectacularly after it though!

As boss as Barkley is, and as hyper boss I reckon he'll become... it just shows how silly England squad collection can be if he gets picked after 2 good games. However I suppose it may just be because the games are friendlies and he wouldn't have been picked for a competitive game.

Agreed - but then, Horrenderson and Shelvey got call ups and caps for much, much less.

Haha - in other words, "I can't prove it at all FFS", because you didn't read it properly and jumped on your high horse.

Look, if you call someone something like a hypocrite, be ready to be told to [Poor language removed] off if you can't back it up in the slightest. I've done it in the past on here and apologised for misreading what somebody has said; I doubt you have the same mindset.

Come on mate no need to be abusive, its been a good wee debate this.

These are competitve games, like.

Well as competitive as any game can be when it's england and they're not playing vs a best 11 of brazil and spain, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back