Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't mate, it's the bell culture surrounding England. Everton players need to swerve England if possible.

He should have picked Nigeria.

sorry mate but it is.

if everton was a consistently winning team in the last 20 odd years and had the the wealth that goes with that then our players wouldnt get tapped up while playing for england

Leon was older than 30 so no one is gonna take him off our hands.

Barkley will only get better lid. This isn't good news today.

I know but we can't have our cake and eat it too. We don't get to have a world class player who can help us win games, but not expect him to play for England and get noticed by other clubs. All we can do is hope we stay good enough to keep him for a while.

...lets not forget that Jonjo Shelvey got an England cap last season without being in the initial squad. He's not been picked since and 'the next Zidane' has been sold for a paltry £5m. I've not been a fan of Barklay but its good to see young Everton players recognised. Well done Ross.

sorry mate but it is.

if everton was a consistently winning team in the last 20 odd years and had the the wealth that goes with that then our players wouldnt get tapped up while playing for england

I know but we can't have our cake and eat it too. We don't get to have a world class player who can help us win games, but not expect him to play for England and get noticed by other clubs. All we can do is hope we stay good enough to keep him for a while.

He's a local lad who's been brought up a blue. He's also a fantastic footie player. I want him at Everton for his career if he turns out like he should. England is an unhelpful distraction that's likely to take him away from us.

All I'm arsed about lids, Everton.

In a week when we may probably lose the gifted Belg, its lovely to see Ross blossoming, and get a (deserved??) call up.

He's a local lad who's been brought up a blue. He's also a fantastic footie player. I want him at Everton for his career if he turns out like he should. England is an unhelpful distraction that's likely to take him away from us.

I'm with you mate, I associate our players being called up for England duty, with beauts from the Mancs or the London clubs (aided & abetted by Stevie DJ) whispering in their ear about how a move to a 'big club' might help their careers.....it never seems to bring anything but **** to our door.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for the lad, but there's also a sense of foreboding about it.

Me too. Obviously I could care less about England. I just hope because he's a blue from birth he'll stay and not pull a Rooney.

I'm with you mate, I associate our players being called up for England duty, with beauts from the Mancs or the London clubs (aided & abetted by Stevie DJ) whispering in their ear about how a move to a 'big club' might help their careers.....it never seems to bring anything but **** to our door.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for the lad, but there's also a sense of foreboding about it.

I'm exactly the same. It's one thing for us to hold bids at bay for them, but once these CL clubs' players get in their ears and start unsettling them then it becomes a lot more difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back