Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too pleased about this, for the obvious reasons. Just want him playing well for Everton first FFS!

Also it shows just how thin the England squad is that a 19 year old who has played 2 games can get a call up. He wasn't even a starter for the U21s.

Pretty sure the scouts of United et al, were aware of Ross for the last five years so the call up today will make little difference. In fact if you wanted to be positive then it will no doubt add to his value.

Aye they would have, same as with the likes of Rooney and Jeffers. Playing for England just increased their hype and the media trying to sell them for us, which I don't like to be honest mate.

Congratulations to Ross, I wish it had taken a little bit longer but fully deserved. He looked like one of the most dynamic midfielders in the league in his 2 games so we all kinda knew this was coming, hopefully International footy will also help his development.
I'm sure Jags & Baines will look after him and make sure snidey [Poor language removed] like Rio don't try and get in his head. But if he gets injured I might have to go down london and machette to fcuk the whole FA.

I think it means it came across a bit "jumpers for goal posts" Steve.

Must be the way I write it ! Good job writing stuff has made me a few bob over the years, it might worry me! Perhaps I should employ you as my translator..you could translate my posts into something that the bottom ten per cent can understand! I assume you understood what I was getting at? You don't have to agree with my opinion, but at least understand the meaning!!:lol:

Pretty sure the scouts of United et al, were aware of Ross for the last five years so the call up today will make little difference. In fact if you wanted to be positive then it will no doubt add to his value.

Of course they were, but it's the countless Man Utd/City/Chelsea players that'll be with him for days on end having ample opportunity to try and convince him how much better things would be at their club that i'm worried about. That's what happened with Rooney, he had his head turned on international duty resulting in him demanding a move. Hopefully Barkley isn't as gullible

Well done.... But shows the lack of depth as well as the quality of English talent, when a few kids who have played a limited number of senior games get into the senior international squad.

No doubt they're talented, and probably won't play, but if they do - the pressure of a qualifier and the jump in level can be too much for them.

But it's always the case with the national team.

Mate I know Owen Coyle hasn't made the best of starts but lay off whatever you're on that's making you angry. It could be the wrong meds, it could be non prescribed drugs but hey I'm not going to judge you.

All I'm saying is that you're putting England before Everton so you're not a blue in my eyes. Barkley is a blue, a local one, so hopefully he gets it too.

You see, everything you say is based on your vivid imagination. I live about 5 miles from the DW Stadium and have never been inside the place, apart from a function(nice function rooms...credit to them) And only someone with a limited capacity for realism would suggest that people support either their team or their country. I support Everton...first game around 1947 v Spurs, and when theres an international, I support England. Same as I watch Lancashire cricket, but support England in the tests.You're as bad as Moyes with his 'put the player first' nonsense. Any player worth his salt would be proud to play for his country. I know that I'm extremely proud of my grandson who is representing England in sport(not football) You're not putting Ross first, you're wanting to deny him an opportunity because of some misplaced, highly dubious paranoia that you have.

And for once I'm not too worried about Man U pinching one of our players. I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley dislikes Moyes.

Cue Moyes 5 million pound bid for Barkley...when we tell him go do one, he will tell us that if he was the manager of Everton and SAF came calling, he would not be able to say no...

And then, when WE do say no, he will say that Everton are being selfish and should let him go for the sake of his career at which point Round will quietly point out to him that he has allready made the England squad...

Moyes will then feign shock, apologise to Everton, and proceed with a follow up bid of 5 million Pounds...

Sound about right...

You see, everything you say is based on your vivid imagination. I live about 5 miles from the DW Stadium and have never been inside the place, apart from a function(nice function rooms...credit to them) And only someone with a limited capacity for realism would suggest that people support either their team or their country. I support Everton...first game around 1947 v Spurs, and when theres an international, I support England. Same as I watch Lancashire cricket, but support England in the tests.You're as bad as Moyes with his 'put the player first' nonsense. Any player worth his salt would be proud to play for his country. I know that I'm extremely proud of my grandson who is representing England in sport(not football) You're not putting Ross first, you're wanting to deny him an opportunity because of some misplaced, highly dubious paranoia that you have.

Well said matey, couldnt agree more

This can only be a positive for the club and Ross.
A superb advertisement for our academy,let's hope we can now attract more youngsters of Ross's calibre to the academy.

Ok Steve have a nice evening mate, I'm not going to react to your poisonous words for the good of the forum.

Not going to flag it either but next time you're rude to me or chat bubbles about EFC I'm going straight to the owner ok.

I love England but love Everton more. The exposure won't do him or us any favours and I just spend every game terrified that one of ours gets injured.

I was chuffed when Ossie got his cap but generally I hate internationals these days

Ok Steve have a nice evening mate, I'm not going to react to your poisonous words for the good of the forum.

Not going to flag it either but next time you're rude to me or chat bubbles about EFC I'm going straight to the owner ok.
Go ahead, buddy...and I'll ignore your last 'threat' :lol: Best thing always is to agree to disagree, and have a drink if we ever meet up. You going to have a word with DuncsPigeon, who agrees with everything I say? Have a great evening yourself 'buddy'....Come On You Blues!!!
I notice you started one of your posts with 'Aye'...just curious, no malicious intent, but are you Scottish by any chance? Take care Love to all.

Go ahead, buddy...and I'll ignore your last 'threat' :lol: Best thing always is to agree to disagree, and have a drink if we ever meet up. You going to have a word with DuncsPigeon, who agrees with everything I say? Have a great evening yourself 'buddy'....Come On You Blues!!!
I notice you started one of your posts with 'Aye'...just curious, no malicious intent, but are you Scottish by any chance? Take care Love to all.

Do you see, that's why I can't continue to be obnoxious trying to wind you up any more lid.

Good on you Steve. My powers of popcorn are clearly a relic of the past. Have a nice evening too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back