Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of my mates were in Ross's school in his year. Apparently he's been on 30k a week since he was 15.

Seems ridiculous, but apparently at was to tie him down after interest from Chelsea and City.

In regard to Jamie Redknapps comments, he's forgetting Barkley played against Arsenal last season at the emirates live on sky, that game was much bigger than this as both teams were chasing 4th place. Barkley played very well and was man of the match in my opinion so Jamie Redknapp has no case for an argument here.

Yeah its illegal to be on a pro contract before 17 but it would not surprise me if he was getting extra payments from endorsements or something similar

Aye, a lot of scholars get bonuses to get around the youth contract wages they're paid.

Anyways, I'm not too worried about losing youth players to other clubs these days, I can't recall any incident in which someone came in and poached an U16 player from our Academy. Sean Doherty to Fulham doesn't really count in my eyes since his Dad was rumoured to have played a part in that move

I honestly don't think Barkley will slip through are fingers like Rooney did. We're a much different club/team to when Rooney left. It was a very average to poor teAm that Rooney left, as well as being massively influenced in his decision to leave, we were no where near challanging for anything other than relegation and there looked no chance of that changing anytime soon.

Now were a very good team, there's extra TV money coming in that should alow us to spend a little each year and with a bit of luck and/or good transfer business could realistically win a trophy or break the top 4. He will be the star of the team also! There may come a day when he feels he has to move to get right to the very top but I think at minimum he will give us several years first.

*Awaits his departure in the summer*

I honestly don't think Barkley will slip through are fingers like Rooney did. We're a much different club/team to when Rooney left. It was a very average to poor teAm that Rooney left, as well as being massively influenced in his decision to leave, we were no where near challanging for anything other than relegation and there looked no chance of that changing anytime soon.

Now were a very good team, there's extra TV money coming in that should alow us to spend a little each year and with a bit of luck and/or good transfer business could realistically win a trophy or break the top 4. He will be the star of the team also! There may come a day when he feels he has to move to get right to the very top but I think at minimum he will give us several years first.

*Awaits his departure in the summer*

No mate, it's a very different situation and club these days.

Jamie Redknapp reckons he'll be a bag of nerves because the game is on tv.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...redknapp-ross-barkley-key-to-new-look-everton

This cretinous prick gets paid to say things like this.

The 19-year-old is one of the most exciting youngsters I've seen in some time and if he hadn't broken his leg a few years ago he'd probably be a regular for England already.

He got his first cap on Friday night against Moldova and, since scoring a fantastic goal on the opening day of the season against Norwich, all eyes have been on him.

But he will face a tough test against a very strong Chelsea side this weekend.

There's no question playing against big sides affects you as a youngster and with the game live on Sky Sports - it's our featured match on Saturday Night Football - there will be added nerves because of that as well.

However, Barkley isn't up against Claude Makelele on Saturday, who was in Jose Mourinho's ranks when he first took a Chelsea side to Goodison Park in February 2005.

The French midfielder won every 50-50, knew where the ball was going to drop and was a great defensive player. Ramires, who is playing in that role now, has a bit more athleticism, but can't see things and stop things quite like Makelele did, so Barkley will have some room to operate.

It's important, though, that whoever plays just behind Barkley, whether that's Gareth Barry or James McCarthy, plays the ball into their number 10 as quickly as possible.

Against a side like Chelsea, a split second can make the difference between Barkley being marked and having space to do his bits and pieces.

Do you work for the S*n? Where'd he say he was gonna be a bag of nerves??

Yay - the papers are trying to sell Ross Barkley - and oh look, it's to Chelsea the day before we play them...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-scout-watch-Ross-Barkley-Everton-match.html

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea send scout to Everton to watch rising English star Barkley
By SAMI MOKBEL
PUBLISHED: 22:45, 13 September 2013 | UPDATED: 22:45, 13 September 2013
0 View
comments
Chelsea are using Saturday's clash against Everton to add to their growing dossier on England international Ross Barkley.
Sportsmail understands a senior Stamford Bridge scout will be deployed to Goodison Park on Saturday night with the brief of solely watching the 19-year-old.
Barkley is viewed as one of the best emerging talents in English football, a fact that was underlined last week after Roy Hodgson handed him his England debut in the 4-0 win over Moldova.
Chelsea are committed to their plan of signing the planet's best young talent, and Barkley is a teenager firmly on their radar.

The West London club already have numerous detailed scouting reports on the Everton midfielder and will continue assessing the Wavertree-born player as they weigh up a future swoop.
Speaking on Friday, Mourinho revealed he made an enquiry for an English player - not Wayne Rooney - during the summer transfer window.
'I like a young player, a young English player,' said Mourinho. 'The market is closed but I asked a question to position myself to see where he was. We are speaking about a very young player but his price was like he has 50 caps when he had none.
'The price for English players is very high, the market is very difficult.'

Indeed, Mourinho will have to pay in excess of £20million if he is to have any chance of luring Barkley from Goodison Park. The midfielder looks certain to play a key role in the English national team's future.

What a load of rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back