Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would surprise me if Chelsea didn't already have a file on Barkley, same with most of the big clubs..
They have files on almost every player in the league nowadays,its not a big thing

Can someone tell me how long has Barkley left on his contract?I haven't been on and I perfume someone has answered this question already.... My fear is that we got lukaku on the basis that Chelsea get first option on Barkley hope I'm wrong if a bid does come in I suspect that lukaku will be somehow included in the deal

It'd be aramis of us if we didnt offer the brüt a new extended contract soon

Snide **** Mourinho, playing mind games with kids on the eve of matches. I really hope the likes of Eto'o doe nothing more than upset the apple cart at chelsea.

barkleys off?

e8lptx.gif

All the big clubs will be watching him, I know for a fact United have been watching him for years.

They would not be doing their jobs if the were not keeping tabs on him.

Yes but we still have Alan Stubbs at Everton :(

Thankfully Barkley's agent isn't Stretford.

Stubbs had the same agent as Rooney, and was constantly putting pressure on him. No wonder Rooney had his head turned, he had so many people supposedly 'looking out for him' telling him to go to United.

Read this from the Guardian about Stretford, featuring the thoughts of Stan Collymore who was once a Stretford client:

http://chrismchugh.wordpress.com/20...ruth-about-wayne-rooneys-puppet-master-agent/

[Rooney's] agent, Paul Stretford, to use Sir Alex Ferguson’s description, is “not the most popular man” at Old Trafford.

Yet Rooney sometimes appears to be in thrall of him. “It’s like dad and son,” as someone closely involved put it a few days ago. “It’s nothing like the usual player and agent relationship.” And Stretford, for the most part, is clearly used to getting his own way.

He is not someone I know well but I have been flicking through Stan Collymore‘s autobiography over the past few days and it offers his own insight into what it is like being a Stretford client. Published in 2004, shortly after Rooney moved to United, it also has some advice for the teenager. “I hope Rooney knows what kind of animal Stretford is,” he writes. “I hope he doesn’t fall for all the emotional ****.”

Collymore remembers Stretford going from being “a thorough, professional, understated guy to this horrible parody of an agent”, wearing a long Gucci coat and sunglasses and christened, behind his back, as “Toad” by the player’s mates, because he reminded them of the character from The Wind in the Willows. That may sound fairly inconsequential. Yet Collymore also came to think of himself as “a doormat” as far as Stretford was concerned and, explaining why he eventually severed all ties, depicts him as a deeply manipulative character. ”I had always done whatever he said. I said yes to all sorts of things, often without looking at them. I allowed the line between him being my surrogate father and my agent to become blurred. And he played on that big-time. He abused it. My relationship with him was unhealthily dependent and he milked it for all it was worth.”

One time, shortly after Collymore had moved from Liverpool to Aston Villa, he says he took a telephone call from Stretford begging for money. “His business was expanding and he had calculated I owed him £80,000.” Collymore says he ran some checks and worked out he did not owe a penny. “A couple of days later Stretford rang again. This time he was near enough in tears. He said: ‘You do love me, don’t you Stan?’” Collymore wrote a cheque because “that was the kind of hold he had over me”.

This time, however, Stretford is not going to get what he and his client want. United, as the Guardian revealed last week, are not going to let Rooney join Chelsea, no matter how many roubles Roman Abramovich chucks at it or what the player and his agent cook up next.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back