Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no way Rooney was going to turn United down.

Not with a ton of people in his ear telling him to go there, and not playing for a club that had just narrowly missed out on relegation and had severe financial difficulties at the time.

There are many reasons he went there, it wasn't simply 'the lure of Man Utd'.

There had been an enormous amount of politicking and spin for the previous 12-18 months, which is why many of us - who remember that period so vividly, are always so suspicious of the Baines/Barkley type speculation nowadays.

For as long as Ross is our player he will be linked to "bigger" clubs, ain't nothing we can do about that.

Our only hope is if the day comes that he does leave, we get Absolute top dollar for him, or we just win the league.

..players will leave us, lets not be romantic about it. If you were a pro, you'd do the same. Its really naïve to think players stay for the glory of the badge. Players at international level are corporate commodaties and they will move because of the amount of money involved and the fact that so many hangers on are on 10%.

was brilliant for me mickey, his selfishness didn't bother me though, it was only the fact he should have had a couple pops from distance that bothered me. the lads got a great shot on him, i'm sure we'll see more of it when he's more established; caused chelsea no end of problems though.

Thought Ross was great at time today

I just think he has to be tad less selfish

Sometimes he goes sprinting off and doesn't look to pass

He's still young though. I imagine he will be more generous with the ball as he matures

I very much disagree with this. The times he didn't play the pass was because he didn't feel he could complete it successfully.

I would actually like to see him be more selfish, especially within the last 35 yards. He can dribble, shoot, has skill and technique, and goals win games. Good players need to be selfish for the sake of their team. I'd like to see him showing off as much as possible.

There was an instance where he took the ball in his own half, shrugged off a challenge, drove into the opposition area, looked up and there was absolutely no one at all to pick out on the counter - yet he still nearly picked out Mirallas (I think) with a decent pass to the left.

The lad was very good. Yes, silly cross field pass early on that Ramires capitalised on but that was the exception rather than the rule. The fact is that we'd be a dramatically weaker side with him out of our starting eleven.

I very much disagree with this. The times he didn't play the pass was because he didn't feel he could complete it successfully.

I would actually like to see him be more selfish, especially within the last 35 yards. He can dribble, shoot, has skill and technique, and goals win games. Good players need to be selfish for the sake of their team. I'd like to see him showing off as much as possible.

I''m clearly miles apart from everyone else on this issue it would seem

There was an instance where he took the ball in his own half, shrugged off a challenge, drove into the opposition area, looked up and there was absolutely no one at all to pick out on the counter - yet he still nearly picked out Mirallas (I think) with a decent pass to the left.

The lad was very good. Yes, silly cross field pass early on that Ramires capitalised on but that was the exception rather than the rule. The fact is that we'd be a dramatically weaker side with him out of our starting eleven.

Agreed.

I know it's not the done thing in the prem anymore but two quick strikers with good movement in front of him and you'd see him creating goals galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back