Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd happily sacrifice popularity and being well thought of for a little success, though. A sense of pride doesnt convert into silverware. Nice guys dont seem to do to well anymore. We need one absolute horror of a striker who'd happily sell his own grandmother for a goal.

Rather have integrity than a trophy. But I don't think those need to be separated. I eagerly await everton winning trophies the right way. Always respected moyes for not defending divers and leaving fellaini, Osman, and Neville out to dry when caught doing it. Sad he's not taking as firm a stand with Ashley young.

Anyway, Ross clearly had a poor game and it was a mistake of a sub. Ross is still class and wants to and will do great things for us. No worries. Just wish we had seen traore instead of him today.

Barkley seems to be doing his best to keep Osman in the team at the minute. Got caught out on the halfway line again yesterday. This is nothing to do with coming back from injury, as its something that has been seen in his game before and was the reason our Manc friend banished him to the stiffs. Got to cut this out of his game as usually its the result of trying too much when a simple ball back to defence is on

Barkley seems to be doing his best to keep Osman in the team at the minute. Got caught out on the halfway line again yesterday. This is nothing to do with coming back from injury, as its something that has been seen in his game before and was the reason our Manc friend banished him to the stiffs. Got to cut this out of his game as usually its the result of trying too much when a simple ball back to defence is on

Yep but Moyes was harsh to banish him to the subs, he seems to have lost his mojo at the moment.

My god Barry, McCarthy, mirallas, Naismith, McGeady, Osman all got caught at the half way line yet it's not frowned upon like when Barkley does it every now and again. Seen Rooney get caught loads of time the same. If you don't want that possibility from a player you need a team full of rodwell's who just pass sideways constantly.

My god Barry, McCarthy, mirallas, Naismith, McGeady, Osman all got caught at the half way line yet it's not frowned upon like when Barkley does it every now and again. Seen Rooney get caught loads of time the same. If you don't want that possibility from a player you need a team full of rodwell's who just pass sideways constantly.

This.

People have blinkers on, when it comes to 'losing the ball'.

Wait, hold on, are people seriously slating him?

Bonkers.

We were a worse team when he came on.

But I think that had more to do with the way it meant we pushed Naismith outwide, where he was completely ineffective, and had nobody in the middle to get on the end of balls than Ross himself.

He didn't look entirely at the races, though.

We were a worse team when he came on.

But I think that had more to do with the way it meant we pushed Naismith outwide, where he was completely ineffective, and had nobody in the middle to get on the end of balls than Ross himself.

He didn't look entirely at the races, though.

We were worse when he came on.

But I put that down to Pienaar coming off and Naismith going wide left. It was a daft move. Like you said.

Maybe he's just unlucky, but everytime it happens to him the opposition appears to be through on goal. My preference is for the Barkleys of this world over both the Osmans and Rodwells as my previous posts, which are few, would testify, but his age, potential etc doesn't make him immune from criticism and I'm certain it is something that the coaching team are working on.

Deary me, Blaming Ross for this?

He is the only player we have that will run with the ball and stretch defences centrally, but it seems people would prefer he done sideways passes like 95% of the other midfielders in the league and played it safe which is exactly the reason why we don't try anywhere near enough through balls as we should.

Forget it, lets swap him for Carrick, at-least we know he won't lose the ball. Absolute melts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back