Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the top of my head he was average against Villa and was the major reason they scored, Came on against Spurs and Chelsea and was poor

Why should he be starting a head of Osman on current form

I also think the fact the lad has zero assists this season is shocking given his position in the team

Same amount as Bainsey then !

All your comments are so black and white. It's pointless entering a discussion with you because I just don't think you understand.

Coming from the guy who's said he's crap off the bench when that's clearly not the case. Came on against Sunderland, was boss. Came on against Hull, was boss.

He's not actually come off the bench that often for us this year so there's no way you could possibly declare in such a black and white way that he's crap off the bench. Much more likely is a simple loss of form.

Barks hasn't got any assists in the League, but he has got at least one in the FA cup. I know he set up Coleman vs QPR where Coleman smashed in that one touch finish from the edge of the box.

I was actually happy with Barkley yesterday. I was exceptionally open in my criticism of him last week after an absolutely hopeless display but I was just happy to see him get on the ball and do it simple yesterday. He has tried too hard as of late which has led to stupid errors and I think a tackle here and a few simple passes there will build up his confidence again so that be can begin to try the snazzy when it's on.

Baines is a left back ffs

Barkley is an attacking mid and is the link between the midfield and the forward

Zero assists is poor

Thats right, how ignorant of me not to notice, I'll get back in my box.

Dunno why you quoted Barkley as the initial comparison was to Ozzie, who for some reason despite being one of our own players, seems to get needlessly berated on here by those who want Barkley fast tracked to a regular starting berth. (Will be those same eejits who then slag him once he's left after getting that regular berth)

I think that Ozzie is a limited footballer but would never slag him off, regardless of how average he's played !

I'm not sure the world cup is exactly what he needs in his first season, myself. He still needs to master the league first.

Tend to agree from a footballing point of view. However the whole experience could well be great for his confidence, big game/tournament experience and general growing up from a boy wonder to a top player.

Barks hasn't got any assists in the League, but he has got at least one in the FA cup. I know he set up Coleman vs QPR where Coleman smashed in that one touch finish from the edge of the box.

He should still definitely have got some in the league though, given that he's played attacking mid and had ample opportunity to.

It's a strange case with Barkley, I myself have no idea how to deal with him at this stage of his career, does he keep starting? Does he come on from the bench? Does he have a break from playing? I don't know what is good for him or what isn't. It's a hard situation for a manager. Now I believe Martinez adopts the philosophy "if you are good enough, you will play regardless of your age" which is a good way to think but I think with it being Barkley's first proper season, a lot of expectancy has been placed on him. He scored a worldy at Norwich, a lovely goal against Newcastle and a cracking free kick at Swansea, I can understand why the lad feels under pressure, we see him as one of the best players in our squad and we do depend on him. We expect more than enough from him, he is trying to impress us as well which he needs to forget about. There has been games this season when we have expected him to change it and we shouldn't be that way. Let the boy develop.

Hope this injury is not more serious,the last good game I can recall him having was the game he did his toe in against QPR,he seriously stank the gaff out when he came on at Chelsea.

Hope this injury is not more serious,the last good game I can recall him having was the game he did his toe in against QPR,he seriously stank the gaff out when he came on at Chelsea.

He broke a toe and has been playing through the pain and lost a bit of sharpness.

He's not suddenly turned into John Oster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back