Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacks composure in the final third. Can't thread a ball through and his shooting is wayward. Good run for the goal mind.

Pretty gutted right now so I won't go go any further.

Thought he was very good today (bad miss asside). Not at his beautiful best but still a class above most our other players given his young age and debut season.

Roberto is playing Ross too far forward. We miss his presence in midfield and clearly he's at his best making those surging runs from deep that cause panic in the opponents half and that brought the goal today.

not yet but he will do eventually if they bid for him.
Think if he fulfills his promise and we cannot match his ambition it is far more likely he will go to city vs Man Utd.

City are beginning to run into a problem with not having enough homegrown players - Barry, Lescott, Rodwell, Richards & Milner are unlikely to be there in the next 18 months. The revamp of their academy will eventually help with that but it is probably a few years out so I expect them (and Chelsea who have a similar problem looming with the retirement of their seniors) to make very big offers to cream of homegrown talent.

Both those clubs will be able to offer far more money to Kenwright than United especially since United will have already been spending a lot on Moyes players (which Barkley isn't - the only league game he EVER gave him a full 90mins in two seasons was his debut).

But anyway, Barkley loves Everton and for the present he is in the best place with the best manager for his development. Lets leave worrying about him leaving us to sometime in the future.

Think if he fulfills his promise and we cannot match his ambition it is far more likely he will go to city vs Man Utd.

City are beginning to run into a problem with not having enough homegrown players - Barry, Lescott, Rodwell, Richards & Milner are unlikely to be there in the next 18 months. The revamp of their academy will eventually help with that but it is probably a few years out so I expect them (and Chelsea who have a similar problem looming with the retirement of their seniors) to make very big offers to cream of homegrown talent.

Both those clubs will be able to offer far more money to Kenwright than United especially since United will have already been spending a lot on Moyes players (which Barkley isn't - the only league game he EVER gave him a full 90mins in two seasons was his debut).

But anyway, Barkley loves Everton and for the present he is in the best place with the best manager for his development. Lets leave worrying about him leaving us to sometime in the future.

He won't be going for another 3 years IMO.

Younger players are clocking on to the fact that going to a big club after 12 months doesn't help them unless they're complete as a player.

All this talk of Lallana, Shaw, and Rodriguez for Southampton going in the summer as well won't happen IMO. 1 good season in the premiership they'll soon get found out at the higher level.

Still not sure 'number ten' is his best position, but then centre mid isn't either, hmmm...something to work on in the summer I think

We were in for rodriguez before he went there and alot of people said he was overated.

Shaw will be world class -- found it odd Moyes the supposed defensive master didnt move on him 2 years ago. For that matter no-one else came in for him either but that must change in the summer.

Would be interesting to see someone like him move overseas at a young age as well.

He won't be going for another 3 years IMO.

Younger players are clocking on to the fact that going to a big club after 12 months doesn't help them unless they're complete as a player.

All this talk of Lallana, Shaw, and Rodriguez for Southampton going in the summer as well won't happen IMO. 1 good season in the premiership they'll soon get found out at the higher level.
I'd like to think that younger players are realising that but, given the odds against making it as a high level player and the risk your career is going to be cut short by injuries, I cannot really blame them for taking the big wages and the limited playing time rather than gambling on a lesser wage with more chance to develop.
Think Shaw will move in the summer - Mourinho doesn't trust either Cole or Bertrand as left back and needs more english players for their squad as they can only field a squad of 20 due to their lack.

Agree on the other two - the sale of Shaw will give Southhampton a lot of money to fill any replacements so they won't need to sell anyone else and Lallana is the more important of their players for the overall team and Rodriguez a little raw yet

If Barkley moves to United, City or Chelsea etc etc, I think I'll be too fed up with football to continue with it. Straw that broke the camels back.

If Barkley moves to United, City or Chelsea etc etc, I think I'll be too fed up with football to continue with it. Straw that broke the camels back.

a million times this! I'll just spend my Saturday afternoons in the park drinking bleach and shouting abuse at passers by.

Everyone and their mother expected Baines to leave in the summer - yet he didn't.

And Gerrard was always rumoured to he going to other clubs but is still at Liverpool. Perhaps Barkley will do the same.

It he does and continues to improve it will be great. If not, we'll survive it just like we've survived losing other players and managers, and find new young players to admire.

(Edit, after aperiod of drinking bleach and yelling at passing atrangers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back