Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference with Wayne and Ross is that even if for some daft reason he moves on next year or whatever, I'd still be wanting to pat the lad on the back and say, "go on lad, do it".

Down to earth quiet scouser who you can't help but want the best for.
I'm not even contemplating him leaving, which is probably foolish. But yeah, he seems a little more grounded but with a cockiness/self belief in his game.

2 deep CM players certainly didn't work tho. 1 would of done, Barkley should of played.

Most teams in club and world football are playing with 2 defensive midfield players, we've gone out by the narrowest of margins. Barkley wasn't ready to have the expectation and pressure heaped on him, he's still inconstant and it wouldn't have done him any good to be associated with this midfield.

I'm not even contemplating him leaving, which is probably foolish. But yeah, he seems a little more grounded but with a cockiness/self belief in his game.

Don't know about that mate. Rooney was every bit, if not more cocky back then, than Ross is now.

Do you remember Rooney standing with his hands on his hips, with the ball at his feet against West Brom ? Or how about after that wonder goal against Arsenal, against one of the best goalkeepers of a generation, he then tries to lob him from 40 yards.

Don't know about that mate. Rooney was every bit, if not more cocky back then, than Ross is now.

Do you remember Rooney standing with his hands on his hips, with the ball at his feet against West Brom ? Or how about after that wonder goal against Arsenal, against one of the best goalkeepers of a generation, he then tries to lob him from 40 yards.
I'm saying Barkley is less cocky than Rooney. I think I am? That's what I was saying wasn't it?

Remember moyes did the same....everuone wants to see ross, well here he is. Did well then droppes forever due to giving away a penalty.

Nah no chance mate. He's been against starting Ross from day dot. Was a hinderence to his already Made plans of Rooney sterling and welbeck.

Just then is what I was talking about. Trying to meg a player in the defensive third after a corner. Absolutely moronic decision.

A few good things. Excellent corners and a dribble that started a move which lead to him setting up Sturridge (for what should have been a penalty).

Couple of bad things, silly move on the edge of our box, didn't really see him for the first 20 minutes.

Has Ross been round the hodgson family picking off the young birds or something?

Roys interview then.....

Basically saying "everyone who knows there stuff was wanting Ross to start. So here he is"

Knob, bet he's dying for Ross to have a bad game to say I told you so! You'll look a [Poor language removed] tho Roy if he has a blinder.

that's how I interpreted it as well.

Everything's a moronic decision in hindsight if it goes wrong.

If it worked and he flew down the pitch then scored everyone would be blerting about a player who is willing to take chances and run with the ball.

Exactly this!

You can't have it both ways. If u want an exiting skill bot player at times it's not gonna pay off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back