Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing against naisy. I love him just throwing out different ideas. Think a role in the hole would suit pienaar.

Naismith is good in the hole. He gets goals, he can play a through ball and he links up play well and for his height is good in the aerial battles. He's a very un-inspiring player but he's better than anyone else plus it's his best position.

Pienaar links up play and that's about it. Without Baines he doesn't look near the same player although you can almost say that about Baines too. We should leave that partnership alone unless it's to drop Pienaar for Atsu.

Atsu would be more effective in the middle than McGeady. McGeady's main skill is his ability to use the width to drag a defender in and then skin him. Apart from his pass vs. Fulham, he isn't a player that's going to cut a defence wide open.
Without seeing much of Atsu, I agree on McGeady. I think my main point is that I really don't think that role is suitable for McCarthy.

Love Roberto but he said Kone would probably be involved against City on 3rd May and he's still not fit. So I'll just wait til Ross is named in a matchday squad before getting excited!

We needed backup for Ross before this injury but need it more so now. Get someone in asap!

Exactly this.
Kone has been making positive progress since his injury according to Roberto apparently and yet it's been nearly 11 months since he's played.

'TadicGate' is the only transfer rumour/saga/fantasy that I've ever had any insight into.

We were very interested in January, and made an enquiry, but weren't willing to stoop up the £10mil for him.

Come this summer, we made an enquiry again, but Sotton made the first move. There was interest from Schalke, Wolfsburg (briefly), Besitjkas, AC Milan and Sevilla, but when the RS bought Lallana, Koeman wanted Tadic. At this point we were still (obviously) negotiating/saving for Lukaku, and RM didn't want to spend big money on Tadic (even though he was a target) and miss out on Lukaku.

Sotton's first bid (that was accepted) was in the region of £8.5mil. When there were rumours of us moving in, it was because we had agreed to pay over £9mil, but that was our final (and only) offer. We were definitely in talks, but it was just with Twente. The player was still in Holland at this point, so he would have gone to the highest bidder - nothing to do with wages or anything - just to who the club decided to sell to. As it turned out, Sotton came back in with a deal closer to £11mil, and that was that.

He'll shine this season as he's a very good player - and when he gets into gear he will be the entire focal point of Southampton's attack. He's also a lad that has never pushed for a move, and is happy to see out contracts, but he'll probably be worth £15-£20mil this time next year.

If that's true then that's why people hate the board. We should have been able to make the numbers work even if Chelsea rinsed us on Lukaku which they did.

A forward line of Lukaku, Tadic, Barkley and Mirallas would have done serious damage.

Everyone in world football thought Chelsea got a very good price for Lukaku which is a nice way of saying they rinsed us.

Sure our poll didn't even go up to 28m for how much we would pay. I'm glad we got him, it was the right decision but unfortunately that doesn't chance the fact we where rinsed. But we rinsed Utd for Fellaini so it all evens itself out.

Everyone in world football thought Chelsea got a very good price for Lukaku which is a nice way of saying they rinsed us.

Sure our poll didn't even go up to 28m for how much we would pay. I'm glad we got him, it was the right decision but unfortunately that doesn't chance the fact we where rinsed. But we rinsed Utd for Fellaini so it all evens itself out.

how was the deal structured please mate?

Do you know everyone in world football to make such a statement mate?

how was the deal structured please mate?

Who knows. Some people think it was 8m a year for 3 years with another 4m in add-ons but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Even if we only pay 24m over 3 years which is probably the equivalent of paying about 22m straight away then it's still on the upper ends of his price range.

R
If that's true then that's why people hate the board. We should have been able to make the numbers work even if Chelsea rinsed us on Lukaku which they did.

A forward line of Lukaku, Tadic, Barkley and Mirallas would have done serious damage.

Martinez made the call mate, we'd have gone higher it was his decision. Obviously had other targets in mind (Perisic before his injury would've cost less, Atsu was most likely 3rd choice).

Who knows. Some people think it was 8m a year for 3 years with another 4m in add-ons but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Even if we only pay 24m over 3 years which is probably the equivalent of paying about 22m straight away then it's still on the upper ends of his price range.

if you dont know then how do you know we got 'rinsed'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back