Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pienaar looked great on the left with baines last match, one of the few bright spots, but i'd be tempted to give him a go behind Rom with us having kev, atsu, and mcgeady avaible on the wings as well. or play a 433 with mccarthy barry besic ( gibson and ossie for rotation) in the midfield

Naismith played as well as anyone yesterday although like the rest of the team awful 2nd half.

I would play him against Arsenal and I'm not a huge Naismith fan to say the least but he's the best we have in that position unless we change formation.

Naismith played as well as anyone yesterday although like the rest of the team awful 2nd half.

I would play him against Arsenal and I'm not a huge Naismith fan to say the least but he's the best we have in that position unless we change formation.
It's nothing against naisy. I love him just throwing out different ideas. Think a role in the hole would suit pienaar.

Love Roberto but he said Kone would probably be involved against City on 3rd May and he's still not fit. So I'll just wait til Ross is named in a matchday squad before getting excited!

We needed backup for Ross before this injury but need it more so now. Get someone in asap!

Need to move in the transfer market to cover Barkley's loss and get the playmaker we've been screaming for anyway.

Yeah man I agree, an attacking playmaker(AP) and a striker would be ideal. I don't think we will sign both though, it'll be one or the other and as we have more options in the AP role it's more likely we'll sign a striker.

Think we really missed a trick with Tadic, he looked great against the RS he'd really bring the best out of a Rom.

Maybe I am crazy BUT was thinking that McGeady might not be a bad option there...allowing us to play Mirallas on the right and Atsu on the left...
McGeady is a better option there, for me. McCarthy is not creative offensively and we depend on him in his deeper role for defensive cover.

Yeah man I agree, an attacking playmaker(AP) and a striker would be ideal. I don't think we will sign both though, it'll be one or the other and as we have more options in the AP role it's more likely we'll sign a striker.

Think we really missed a trick with Tadic, he looked great against the RS he'd really bring the best out of a Rom.

'TadicGate' is the only transfer rumour/saga/fantasy that I've ever had any insight into.

We were very interested in January, and made an enquiry, but weren't willing to stoop up the £10mil for him.

Come this summer, we made an enquiry again, but Sotton made the first move. There was interest from Schalke, Wolfsburg (briefly), Besitjkas, AC Milan and Sevilla, but when the RS bought Lallana, Koeman wanted Tadic. At this point we were still (obviously) negotiating/saving for Lukaku, and RM didn't want to spend big money on Tadic (even though he was a target) and miss out on Lukaku.

Sotton's first bid (that was accepted) was in the region of £8.5mil. When there were rumours of us moving in, it was because we had agreed to pay over £9mil, but that was our final (and only) offer. We were definitely in talks, but it was just with Twente. The player was still in Holland at this point, so he would have gone to the highest bidder - nothing to do with wages or anything - just to who the club decided to sell to. As it turned out, Sotton came back in with a deal closer to £11mil, and that was that.

He'll shine this season as he's a very good player - and when he gets into gear he will be the entire focal point of Southampton's attack. He's also a lad that has never pushed for a move, and is happy to see out contracts, but he'll probably be worth £15-£20mil this time next year.

McGeady is a better option there, for me. McCarthy is not creative offensively and we depend on him in his deeper role for defensive cover.

Atsu would be more effective in the middle than McGeady. McGeady's main skill is his ability to use the width to drag a defender in and then skin him. Apart from his pass vs. Fulham, he isn't a player that's going to cut a defence wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back