Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the media run this story immediately AFTER Martinez does a press conference.

No time for Martinez to respond immediately. Possibly after tomorrow night's game, but most likely at Thursday's pre-Derby briefing.

In the meantime, this story gets to linger in the media for a few days, unchallenged.

Adds pressure on to Barkley, the lad's twitter will be getting bombarded etc.

This is the whole game they're playing. This is how they wear him down. This is similar in style to what happened with Rooney. Dirty tricks, because they know the lad is settled.

All of this 'City have done extensive checks on him and his lifestyle'. So disrespectful to Everton and even to Barkley himself.
Well at least it won't affect Ross' performances.

At the end of the day, what more can we do other than sign our best players to long contracts?

I mean, a player signs a 4 year deal, expresses in detail his love for the club, yet just 8 weeks later papers are writing stories saying its a foregone conclusion that he's going.

It's all just dirty tricks, agenda-driven, media-driven garbage. It's embarrassing how they specifically, constantly target our club and our players. It's almost like they get perverse pleasure out of it.

Real [swear word] house tactics this from City to destabilise Barkley and our squad as well as pacifying their fans that they can and will buy the best available players just like Utd and Chelsea after a piss poor start to the season, they'll always have an inferiority complex compared to the other big spenders in the league.

Lol. Absolute nothing story. It's just a straight copy and paste of a press release sent out by some City press officer. They barely even bothered to edit it.

Let's face it - he will leave at some point. Either him, or Lukaku, or Coleman.

We have planty of elder players (Jagielka, Distin, Barry, Osman, Kone, Pienaar, Howard) who could not be sold (for good money at least) and who will need to be replaced in the nearest future. Also the new stadium is on it's way. We will need the money to get new players in and i'd excpect at least one big money transfer out in 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back