Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 question I would ask regarding Ross and his loyalty to Everton, how come Rom, Seamus, Stones all signed 5 year deals but Ross only signed for 4 years? Whilst no one can be sure I think I read somewhere his new deal is worth 60 grand a week meaning in 18 months time, bearing in mind he'll be be a major player for England by then, he'll be expecting 100 grand a week to stay. Long story short, we won't be able to afford him pretty soon, therefore this season will probably be his last in an Everton shirt if we don't make the top 4 which is looking pure fantasy at the minute

It could also be down to the fact that Lukaku's deal was 75K and we didn't want to pay 75K for Ross. Frankly I was expecting to have to pay him more to get the deal extended.

It wouldn't have made a difference anyway. In 2 years time if he was worth 100K, we couldn't or didn't want to pay and he wasn't fully committed to us agents can engineer moves and as long as it's not in the final 1.5 year of their contract we should get full price.

HOWEVER - I don't think there's any sign that will be the case so we should stop worrying about it.

That's an old story anyway. Apparently City where interested in the summer but where put off by the price-tag of 50m.

Not worried about this. End of the day we either keep him and have a great player on our hands...or we take City to the cleaners(again) and get a ridiculous fee for him
We, the fans. can do zip about this so not worth worrying about..enjoy him whilst he's here

Funny how this story about City making a concerted effort to buy English players comes on the same day as the news the UEFA are investigating more clubs for FFP breaches & will possibly withhold money as a result.

City already been burnt once, won't want it to happen again. Attempting to publicly make all the right noises.

Blatant PR stunt given the 'coincidental' timing. Not like Barkley is even playing at the moment or is in the news. Such a deliberate news story plant, in every single paper.

Hate to break to you all, but this story hasn't come from City. Begiristain and Martinez have a very good relationship and we have no need to try and unsettle any player from any club. We're not United and that's not how we operate. If anything stories like this simply serve to ramp up price tags as the selling club inevitably see their ar*e.

This has come from elsewhere, and it's incredibly disappointing that the papers have all run with it. It's September FFS, whatever business City intend to do next summer, even if it's already planned, doesn't need to be speculated on now. Not with a whole season of football to be played.

Reactions: obc

Will the papers ever get bored of trying to sell our main player's to rivals,never mind selling them but one's that have only just signed a new LONG term contract [know contracts mean nothing half the time],but normally silly sories stop when new contracts are signed.

Hate to break to you all, but this story hasn't come from City. Begiristain and Martinez have a very good relationship and we have no need to try and unsettle any player from any club. We're not United and that's not how we operate. If anything stories like this simply serve to ramp up price tags as the selling club inevitably see their ar*e.

This has come from elsewhere, and it's incredibly disappointing that the papers have all run with it. It's September FFS, whatever business City intend to do next summer, even if it's already planned, doesn't need to be speculated on now. Not with a whole season of football to be played.

Lescott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back