Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know that for a fact mate. Whether you choose to believe me or not is your business.

So you know for a 'fact' that no-one at City has mentioned their potential interest in Barkley to some hack either loose tongued or deliberately?

You don't mate, simple as. Even Mansour couldn't state that as being factual, as you just don't know who's said what to whom and why. So your proclamtion is at best naive, at worst simply BS.

Sometimes, Barkley has done brilliant things for Everton on the pitch...but is it only me who thinks that at present his game lacks any kind of consistency? This may well come , of course, and there is no doubt that Ross can be a very good player. I can't recall a RUN of great games he has played, and sometimes he disappears from games for a length of time. The point I am making, is that despite the hype, it is not a guarantee that Ross will become 'a world star' ,' the best of his generation' or anything. He is still a 'young, developing player'. He has had one major injury, already, and has missed the start of this season through injury. Hopefully he will not become 'injury prone'. When he returns to the Everton line up he will have pressure to perform like never before, because others will be pushing for his place. He may well become a superstar, but it is not, as some believe, a certainty.Given the way football is at present, anything above £55-60 million would be a good deal for Everton, and it is Everton that matters. Even if we got Bale type money, which wouldn't happen yet in the case of Ross, we would spend it in a better way than Spurs have done. Most( no...all)Prem clubs are prepared to sell their 'best' players if the time is right and the money is right.

Said it before about Ross, if we sell him I'm giving up on Everton. I absolutely mean it.

I'll support Southport.

Not that my loyalty hangs on the destiny of just one player, but I truly appreciate the feelings you express.

If we are ever going to climb to the dizzy heights of being a regular trophy challenger/top 4 club, then we have to retain our best players.
The good thing at present is that almost all the key players in the squad are on improved, long-term contracts - I know contracts can be broken at any time - but that suggests that the club is serious... selling Ross would be a huge backward step.

Media at it again the lad is injured can't even judge him this season will hardly play much up to January 2015 - If Ross really becomes a great goalscorer midfielder then yes his head may get turned but it would have to be for big money far more than 50 million in today's crazy market - I want to see him stay , and this is just media gash talk imo

Hate to break to you all, but this story hasn't come from City. Begiristain and Martinez have a very good relationship and we have no need to try and unsettle any player from any club. We're not United and that's not how we operate. If anything stories like this simply serve to ramp up price tags as the selling club inevitably see their ar*e.

This has come from elsewhere, and it's incredibly disappointing that the papers have all run with it. It's September FFS, whatever business City intend to do next summer, even if it's already planned, doesn't need to be speculated on now. Not with a whole season of football to be played.

But can I just warn you... You're not having Barkley lol I like City and didn't put these rumours down to anything from your part, it's just the papers guessing. But in all honestly he won't be leaving for a while if not at all, I genuinely believe that.

He's going nowhere! and I truly believe he has no intention of wanting to go anywhere. He's living his dream currently. Now that's not to say a few yrs down the line he may have to leave to fufill his football ambitions but for now I have no worries about him going or is even wanting/having to sell him.

And IF at some point he does go. It will be for G Bale silly type of money.

Hate to break to you all, but this story hasn't come from City. Begiristain and Martinez have a very good relationship and we have no need to try and unsettle any player from any club. We're not United and that's not how we operate. If anything stories like this simply serve to ramp up price tags as the selling club inevitably see their ar*e.

This has come from elsewhere, and it's incredibly disappointing that the papers have all run with it. It's September FFS, whatever business City intend to do next summer, even if it's already planned, doesn't need to be speculated on now. Not with a whole season of football to be played.
If you categorically discount City as being the source and according to your tone you do, the supposition you make therefore with reference to our manager's "very good relationship" is that its come from someone at Everton - euphemistically "elsewhere". 'Hate to break it to you' likewise,...he has a good relationship with nearly, or indeed, everyone in football...hes a well respected goodfella. He'd readily turn gangster though at your veiled suggestion.."even if its already planned" .... that our club were whoring Ross round the likes of City via a syndicated media re-hash of an old story. To reiterate what I posted on this pre-season, if the biggest alarm bell was ever needed to any Everton star linked to City it would be two words... Jack Rodwell.

But £60m now? When we could either keep him forever or get even more if he improves like he should do

Reality is, if we dont finish 4th or get CL, and he has a good season, then he is off, or atleast the offers will come in.

If its next summer, then £80 million.

Lescott?

If prices increase the higher up the field a player plays then we should be using Luke Shaw and Gareth Bale as a benchmark for a price for Barkley. Shaw was 32m, Bale was around 85m, so something in the middle would be appropriate, SHOULD the club be open to selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back