Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is another instance of some one at a club in this instance Man City dropping a private word to a fave journo who puts out a story after all where did he get the figure of 50m from? the sky? To me it is a further example of back door tapping up.

Barkley scored seven goals in 38 appearances for Everton last season and played nine times for England, including their three games at the World Cup. That intensified interest from rivals and the debate over whether the boyhood Evertonian, like Wayne Rooney and others before him, would quickly depart for richer climes.

But Barkley said: “I never thought about it. This contract means everything for me. It is my dream to play for Everton. This is the club I love and I see it as home. We’ve got to push on now and one of the objectives is the Champions League.

“The contract says that we are hoping to push on and win silverware. It shows the club is keeping its best players like it did last season when Leighton Baines, Seamus Coleman and a few others signed new deals. That brings stability and shows we want to push on together.

“I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together.”

Nothing to see here, move on!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/29/ross-barkley-everton-new-contract-manchester-united

It's neither naive nor BS. I'm acquainted with a couple of the London media pack and am well aware of their "source" for this story.

As I say, City might be interested in Barkley, they may not. I've got not the first clue and neither does this "source".

I'll repeat again, that the way Begiristain and co operate is effectively to present the British media with a wall of silence. To give you an insight into the way they think and operate, none of the press pack went on our pre season tour of the States. The reason was because City refused to make any players or even the manager available for a sit down at any point. We were the reigning champions. Imagine how snubbed some of the arrogant entitled fiction writers felt about that one.
Unless you tell us their "source" then I think you're talking bollocks.

Wasn't it you who came on here during the summer saying that City where going to buy Barkley then and that FFP wouldn't effect City.

City have an average age of 29 - They're going to have to replace 6 or 7 players over the next couple of years which will be very hard to do under FFP because you simply won't have the money. You can't do what Utd did and go out and spend 200m.

Meh, Barkley is one of those guys you don't sell at any price unless he wants to give up the Everton dream. Funny how the Mirror et al never mention that Barkley wants out, probably because he's been so clear about being happy here. Media are not happy with that arrangement one bit. They can all suck it.

Wasn't it you who came on here during the summer saying that City where going to buy Barkley then and that FFP wouldn't effect City.

City have an average age of 29 - They're going to have to replace 6 or 7 players over the next couple of years which will be very hard to do under FFP because you simply won't have the money. You can't do what Utd did and go out and spend 200m.
One and the same....

He's well connected this lad, he's got personal links to the London hacks - so strong that they share their sources with him and he professed to know the thoughts of the highest echelons at City over Barkley in the summer. Or he could just be talking out of his hoop.......

Hope he's our Totti. Shame there are not many players like him left in this game.

"I Cheated On All My Girlfriends With Each Other. But I Never Cheated On Roma And I Never Will."

Reactions: obc
Remember when everyone was cacking themselves because he didn't have long left on his contract and I told you all he'd sign a new one?

Believe me I know this as well, he's not leaving.

Couple of things. I never said City were going to sign Barkley, not even close. What I said was I'd love City to sign him because I rate him. There's a huge difference between my personal view of a footballer and City's interest or capacity to buy such player.

Regarding FFP. It hasn't effected City because the signings we were going to make (Fernando and Mangala) were planned long before the sanctions. So ergo FFP wasn't an issue, and won't be moving forward because we've no need to operate for example like the rags currently are.

If you think that we need to replace 6 or 7 players in two years that's your business. As is the assertion that you think you know what we can and can't spend.

Once again i'm forced to point out just how insecure some of you come off as. I've come on the forum and said the story linking City with Barkley is bollocks and the source of the story doesn't know what City's intentions for next summer are. And for this i'm taking stick. No worries, I'll leave you to it. Have a good season.

Couple of things. I never said City were going to sign Barkley, not even close. What I said was I'd love City to sign him because I rate him. There's a huge difference between my personal view of a footballer and City's interest or capacity to buy such player.

Regarding FFP. It hasn't effected City because the signings we were going to make (Fernando and Mangala) were planned long before the sanctions. So ergo FFP wasn't an issue, and won't be moving forward because we've no need to operate for example like the rags currently are.

If you think that we need to replace 6 or 7 players in two years that's your business. As is the assertion that you think you know what we can and can't spend.

Once again i'm forced to point out just how insecure some of you come off as. I've come on the forum and said the story linking City with Barkley is bollocks and the source of the story doesn't know what City's intentions for next summer are. And for this i'm taking stick. No worries, I'll leave you to it. Have a good season.

You also still never mentioned your source and you only ever post on the Ross Barkley thread.

If you ask me it seems like you're trying to give us the impression that it's more or less inevitable so that it will make it easier if and when City do come in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back