Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Rooney was... Oh wait...
You don't think things have changed slightly since then?
Selling Barkley undermines Martinez to the point where you couldn't blame him for walking out, it pisses off thousands of supporters with a genuine affinity to the lad and we lose that rare combination of incredible talent and dedicated and loyal supporter. I credit the board, perhaps too much, not to be that stupid twice.

Couple of things. I never said City were going to sign Barkley, not even close. What I said was I'd love City to sign him because I rate him. There's a huge difference between my personal view of a footballer and City's interest or capacity to buy such player.

Regarding FFP. It hasn't effected City because the signings we were going to make (Fernando and Mangala) were planned long before the sanctions. So ergo FFP wasn't an issue, and won't be moving forward because we've no need to operate for example like the rags currently are.

If you think that we need to replace 6 or 7 players in two years that's your business. As is the assertion that you think you know what we can and can't spend.

Once again i'm forced to point out just how insecure some of you come off as. I've come on the forum and said the story linking City with Barkley is bollocks and the source of the story doesn't know what City's intentions for next summer are. And for this i'm taking stick. No worries, I'll leave you to it. Have a good season.

How about this then.....City are an inflated turd of a club with loads of money (along with chelsea). You've about as much class as a light blue streak on a pair of underpants. Don't come on an Everton Forum and talk about insecurity when your division 1 style history out weighs your recent bought 'success'.

This worldwide 'fan' base you're developing is defo gonna help you find that 'identity' you've always craved for ;)

Easy come easy go though! Watch this space.......

Selling Barkley undermines Martinez to the point where you couldn't blame him for walking out, it pisses off thousands of supporters with a genuine affinity to the lad and we lose that rare combination of incredible talent and dedicated and loyal supporter. I credit the board, perhaps too much, not to be that stupid twice.
How does it undermine Martinez? If the board say shall we sell him for 40 mil and buy some players, Roberto says Yeah ok!

How about this then.....City are an inflated turd of a club with loads of money (along with chelsea). You've about as much class as a light blue streak on a pair of underpants. Don't come on an Everton Forum and talk about insecurity when your division 1 style history out weighs your recent bought 'success'.

This worldwide 'fan' base you're developing is defo gonna help you find that 'identity' you've always craved for ;)

Easy come easy go though! Watch this space.......
Supposedly that could have been us, would we then be the inflated turd?

How many failed ground moves??

50 million sure is a lot but Barkley is the symbolic face of the club and still has incredible upside. I mean he could very well be a player for the decade for Everton the way Lampard was for Chelsea or Gerrard is for RS...

I would say no, because City can go f themselves kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back