Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be utterly ridiculous to sell Barkley for 2 reasons. Firstly we just paid £28m for Lukaku, if we needed money we wouldn't have bought him, we would have bought an old or up and coming striker for £10m. Secondly, when a club at our current level gets a player of his quality (or what his quality will be if he fulfills his potential) they need to keep him until they are forced to sell. Even if we got £65m for him, what could we buy with the money? Look at the RS, they knew they couldn't buy anyone of Suarez's quality, they couldn't sign Falcao or de Maria, so they had to buy several players of a lesser quality. The only reason to sell would be if we were skint (which we obviously aren't), if Ross wanted to go (which he doesn't), or if we were to bank something approaching £100m which could be spent on building a new ground and moving the club forward for generations to come.

Lol. Absolute nothing story. It's just a straight copy and paste of a press release sent out by some City press officer. They barely even bothered to edit it.
Quite. Appalling that the Press just put these things out with just a bit of tinkering.

The giveaway is the sad, pathetic reference to City having an 11 yo Messi on their books. That's the sort of line you'd expect an excited 13 yo to write in his school newspaper.

After reading the article you can tell it's just a load of nonsense. He won't be leaving for £30 million which is what the article implies.

So you know for a 'fact' that no-one at City has mentioned their potential interest in Barkley to some hack either loose tongued or deliberately?

You don't mate, simple as. Even Mansour couldn't state that as being factual, as you just don't know who's said what to whom and why. So your proclamtion is at best naive, at worst simply BS.

It's neither naive nor BS. I'm acquainted with a couple of the London media pack and am well aware of their "source" for this story.

As I say, City might be interested in Barkley, they may not. I've got not the first clue and neither does this "source".

I'll repeat again, that the way Begiristain and co operate is effectively to present the British media with a wall of silence. To give you an insight into the way they think and operate, none of the press pack went on our pre season tour of the States. The reason was because City refused to make any players or even the manager available for a sit down at any point. We were the reigning champions. Imagine how snubbed some of the arrogant entitled fiction writers felt about that one.

Which centre back and keeper would you sign?

Without CL football it's difficult to sign world class talent, even with CL football Liverpool couldn't sign a single marquee player.

Mate I'm half joking but there's no point in the world have an array of attacking talent if the core of the defence plays like an assembled cast from the Muppet show (no offence @Bungle)

Quite. Appalling that the Press just put these things out with just a bit of tinkering.

The giveaway is the sad, pathetic reference to City having an 11 yo Messi on their books. That's the sort of line you'd expect an excited 13 yo to write in his school newspaper.

No disrespect to @The Other Blues, but anyone who's dealt with press releases in any industry can smell this a mile off - it's coming from a City source. Whether that's directly or indirectly is irrelevant tbh.

Right now I'd take £50m if it meant we could buy a new goalie and a new centreback pairing.
The problem is we get 50 for Barkley then will be forced to pay over the odds for our replacements so Barkleys true value would be say 35
Like if we wanted ward prowse say for 15mil Southampton would want 20 knowing we have 50 burning a hole in our pockets
Just look at Liverpool and spurs from the last 2 seasons paid well over the odds for players
I wouldn't sell Barkley for 50 not a chance
What pissed me off when Rooney left was he'd come off the back of the euros as England's new golden boy playling for Everton 2 months later all around the world he was Rooney of England & man utd's
I want Barkleys name at the 2016 euros to be England and Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back