Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were a different club then being run by Cook and being managed by Clueless. The pair of them behaved like utter fools in most transactions and therefore had their pants down over and over again (you can't complain about the amount you got for Lescott).

The sacking of Mancini, the employing of Soriano and Begiristain, it's all been about having a club which operates in the right way from top to bottom. You won't find clubs complaining about the way we've conducted ourselves in the transfer market in the last couple of years since they came in because the way we go about things is very different from the early days of Mansour's ownership.

Most City supporters these days complain that the British media has zero accurate stories about the club and it's transfer business because Begiristain has no allegiances and isn't matey to any particular journalist. The only way a story about City being in for an English player comes out is when someone on the players' side, or a third party who knows of the potential transfer, open their mouths. Outside England it's down to the clubs we're dealing with. Porto briefed regarding Mangala all summer. Lampard's agent was instructed by City to shut up until the deal was done after a flurry of stories saying he'd agreed to join nearly a month before he did.

Personally I'm delighted with the way we handle ourselves in general and I'm incredibly disappointed in these stories. Rest assured though I expect City to flatly deny them never mind Everton and for whoever leaked the story to get a firm shut up message. As I say, it does nobody any good, and it serves only to inflate the price of a player IF City are in fact interested.

We were a different club then being run by Cook and being managed by Clueless. The pair of them behaved like utter fools in most transactions and therefore had their pants down over and over again (you can't complain about the amount you got for Lescott).

The sacking of Mancini, the employing of Soriano and Begiristain, it's all been about having a club which operates in the right way from top to bottom. You won't find clubs complaining about the way we've conducted ourselves in the transfer market in the last couple of years since they came in because the way we go about things is very different from the early days of Mansour's ownership.

Most City supporters these days complain that the British media has zero accurate stories about the club and it's transfer business because Begiristain has no allegiances and isn't matey to any particular journalist. The only way a story about City being in for an English player comes out is when someone on the players' side, or a third party who knows of the potential transfer, open their mouths. Outside England it's down to the clubs we're dealing with. Porto briefed regarding Mangala all summer. Lampard's agent was instructed by City to shut up until the deal was done after a flurry of stories saying he'd agreed to join nearly a month before he did.

Personally I'm delighted with the way we handle ourselves in general and I'm incredibly disappointed in these stories. Rest assured though I expect City to flatly deny them never mind Everton and for whoever leaked the story to get a firm shut up message. As I say, it does nobody any good, and it serves only to inflate the price of a player IF City are in fact interested.

So what are you saying? Barkley's people are leaking the story?

You can't state that as being a definitive fact.

That's merely supposition based on your perception of the way your club acts in the market these days.

The way this story has hit all of the major papers today would indicate that the press have received information from a credible source, who that is and what their agenda is, we don't know, but you can't say it definitely wasn't from within City, as you simply don't know that.

30m haha!

Gareth Bale went for 85m or something and he was older than Ross, and not English (+10m), and not being sold to Man City (+10m).

I'd say start the bidding at 65m next summer, cash now nothing to pay next year.

Hate to break to you all, but this story hasn't come from City. Begiristain and Martinez have a very good relationship and we have no need to try and unsettle any player from any club. We're not United and that's not how we operate. If anything stories like this simply serve to ramp up price tags as the selling club inevitably see their ar*e.

This has come from elsewhere, and it's incredibly disappointing that the papers have all run with it. It's September FFS, whatever business City intend to do next summer, even if it's already planned, doesn't need to be speculated on now. Not with a whole season of football to be played.

It's purely manufactured to sell papers. It's an old story brought out of cobwebs because of Mourinho's comments. Absolutely nothing new.

btw - City won't be able to afford him. They have to replace most of their squad in the next few years so expect them to struggle especially if they drop out of the CL because they just can't bring in the revenue.

It wont happen anytime soon, especially not for £35m.

But what i will say though, if he's sold next summer, im done. It'd be worse than when Rooney was sold.

You can't state that as being a definitive fact.

That's merely supposition based on your perception of the way your club acts in the market these days.

The way this story has hit all of the major papers today would indicate that the press have received information from a credible source, who that is and what their agenda is, we don't know, but you can't say it definitely wasn't from within City, as you simply don't know that.

I do know that for a fact mate. Whether you choose to believe me or not is your business.

Adversus - I see you're read Neville's misinformed piece about the average age of our squad. There's no doubt we need to refresh the squad next summer, which I'm sure we will do. But to say we can't afford a player is a little shortsighted. We've just paid 40 million for a centre half. And to say our squad is ageing and needs new blood is exactly the angle the papers are taking on why City want Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back