Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad has loads of ability and loads of potential. Unfortunately, he appears to have very few brain cells when it comes to reading the game and making the right decisions instinctively. I fear he will never reach the heights predicted because of this. I would love to be wrong, but I don't get half the buzz when he gets on the ball than I did with Rooney. I suspect a lot of his school reports went along the lines of "Ross needs to apply himself more rather than gazing out of the window, must try harder".

Out of position? Rushed back? Players around him playing crap? Must be some excuse as Roberto said he's the best English player ever. And he can't have simply massively overrated him can he?

Let's take it in January and take our chances in the transfer market
Last few games he really annoyed me
Not on his own like I feel sorry for him really

Agreed, and I'm sure with 1139 pages in this thread, this has been said before but sell him while he's still worth a lot and get players with better vision for moving forward.

Needs to stop over complicating things.

This, and when to play a pass earlier. He takes two or three touches just to make the simple pass which was on from the first.

His reading of the game is pretty poor as well imo. He doesn't seem to have a picture in his head of what's behind him.

Still, can come with time.

Reactions: SWK

Hes got every physical attribute just hasnt got that speed of thought that the likes of silva and the matas have or rooney had when he broke through. Hopefully he develops it, just dont see him ending up as a number 10 hasnt got that naturalness in that position, think he'll end up playing deeper

Has been Very lazy off the ball this season, was times when he wasnt even arsed to press a player that was 5 yards away from him up top, like he wouldve done last year. Keeps himself far to high up at times to, the gap from center mid is massive and the 2 lads in there get over swamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.