Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is getting better, its just people don't have a clue about the game and don't realise how crucial it is for a team to have that one player who is flitting about and always showing for and taking the ball.

The only thing is, by relying on a still green youngster for such a role in our team it will affect us greatly when what he does with the ball fluctuates in quality.

We should have our new playmaker by now taking some of the responsibility off his shoulders.

Ross is boss.

Ross does a lot of good work for us in the middle of the pitch. He is important to how we play but there are definitely specific areas that need improving, as there would be with any young player.

My criticism about Ross is with his decision making when on the counter. When we lack that cutting edge and creativity, counter attacking is vitally important for us. It seems that whenever we have a 4 on 3 or a 3 on 2, he seems to always have the ball and is charging towards the goal but holds onto the ball too long (most of the time) or doesn't accurately pass the ball (today) to give the outside player a chance to take a decent shot on goal.

Today he passed sooner but got the accuracy of the pass wrong. However, we were up 1 goal and McCarthy bailed him out so it wasn't so glaring. He is young though and like Lukaku, hoping he can improve in the areas he seems to be weaker at, as this specific area seems to pop up at least once a game.

Ross was shocking today in my opinion. I know he's a young lad and never hid away but the output just wasn't there.

It doesn't make you a bad blue to acknowledge what's staring in front of you.

I'm not doubting his skill or potential by the way just on some occasions - like today - he is so frustrating it's criminal.

He was playing a bit deeper today -- I think we were playing more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1. Less dangerous in the attack as a result, but he did a great job of ticking over possession.

to anyone who moans that he gives the ball away, you'll all be the ones moaning in a few years when hes not taking risks. hes an attacking midfielder if he wasn't giving the ball away every now and then i'd be worried. he doesn't even do it more than anybody else ffs, getting a bit of a joke now all this

Ross was shocking today in my opinion. I know he's a young lad and never hid away but the output just wasn't there.

It doesn't make you a bad blue to acknowledge what's staring in front of you.

I'm not doubting his skill or potential by the way just on some occasions - like today - he is so frustrating it's criminal.

Seriously?

He was absolutely outstanding - everything went through him. He controlled the game by being a constant outlet for the give and go.

Absolutely clueless.

Ross does a lot of good work for us in the middle of the pitch. He is important to how we play but there are definitely specific areas that need improving, as there would be with any young player.

My criticism about Ross is with his decision making when on the counter. When we lack that cutting edge and creativity, counter attacking is vitally important for us. It seems that whenever we have a 4 on 3 or a 3 on 2, he seems to always have the ball and is charging towards the goal but holds onto the ball too long (most of the time) or doesn't accurately pass the ball (today) to give the outside player a chance to take a decent shot on goal.

Today he passed sooner but got the accuracy of the pass wrong. However, we were up 1 goal and McCarthy bailed him out so it wasn't so glaring. He is young though and like Lukaku, hoping he can improve in the areas he seems to be weaker at, as this specific area seems to pop up at least once a game.

The best description of his flaws I've read so far.

i cant hack reading comments like it anymore mate, our best young player for over 10 years and if he doesn't smash one into the top corner every game he was poor.

That's the thought process of the average football fan these days, they're obsessed with goals and assists. Anything else doesn't matter,
These are the same people who think because Ronaldo and messi are blitzing goals they're the best ever, when in truth the quality of defending has plummeted in the last 10 years.

Seriously?

He was absolutely outstanding - everything went through him. He controlled the game by being a constant outlet for the give and go.

Absolutely clueless.

Behave and give your head a little wobble.

I'm not expecting him to crack one into the top corner every game or run around like Maradona.

The game we play and the position he holds means he has loads of possession. At least half of his passes would have been under 5 yards. That's not a criticism by the way but just a note to not focus overtly on statistics.

On a number of times his decision making was poor. That's all I'm saying.

How anyone can say today he had a great game is beyond me. What did he do to deserve any merits today? I don't remember a single stand out moment when, considering we scored six, is quite something.

If Barkley wasn't a local lad he wouldn't have half the support he gets.

Barkley is getting better, its just people don't have a clue about the game and don't realise how crucial it is for a team to have that one player who is flitting about and always showing for and taking the ball.
The only thing is, by relying on a still green youngster for such a role in our team it will affect us greatly when what he does with the ball fluctuates in quality.
We should have our new playmaker by now taking some of the responsibility off his shoulders.

He's played over a 100 games and has 17 England caps.

At what point does he stop being "still green"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back